History of SF Satin Gray or GMG lights?

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chatted with the local dealer recently and asked about satin gray's history and the reply was 3 years or more
Anyone know their exact history like when were they became available and Dced
Seems HA and black are FAR more popular than these model, does it adds any value to the light for being a shiny one? Rather than black

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2nd SureFire I got was an E1-GM back in 2001 or something.

Size15's, is there a difference between the E1-GM and E1-SG? I was comparing a new 6P-GM with an old E1-SG the other day and noticed that the color was different... But then when I looked at my E1-SG and E2e-SG together, I noticed that the E1-SG had an almost purple sheen to it. For the longest time I thought that Surefire had just changed the nomenclature from SG to GM or vice versa, but now I'm beginning to wonder if there's a definitive and noticeable difference between all SG and GM Surefires... Or if it's just like Surefire's mismatching HA natural - different batches get different thicknesses/formulations? Maybe someone with a bunch of GM and SGs can post a pic up to see what the differences are and if date of manufacture has anything to do with it.