SF M4 w/ N62 LA same as 12PM?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about which flashlight is the supreme light sabre (excluding mods) and as I understand it, it would be the SF M6 w HOLA or the SF 12ZM or 12PM, which takes the N62 12v LA. First of all, which is it? They both put out 500 lumens, right? Is it just a question of which one has the tighter beam?

Next, does the N62 fit in the M4? I noticed that the N62 is still sold. Can you still buy a 12ZM or 12PM retail?

Also, how does the 10X dominator stack up to the M6 and 12PM/ZM? It also puts out 500 lumens, right?

Thanks a lot for any help you guys can give me. BTW, my interest is not merely academic. At some point in the next three or four months I want to own a really bright light, and plan to purchase either a TL (not as bright, I know--but it's got good throw, right?), SF M6, SF 10X, or possibly a SF M4, depending on what the answer to these questions are.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a picture that might help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
{07BABB71-6CFA-4422-8500-6D4C12512798}lg.jpg

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! That SF 10X really does DOMINATE, doesn't it?

And it's amazing that the TL manages to keep company with the M6 for only $100 or so.

Thanks a lot, JT. Still I wonder what the 12PM looks like next to these. I think I'll search the beam shot database.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The N62 is very bright but not for long I don't use mine long b/c after the first two minutes of use it is much dimmer. The X10 in the picture is using the 500L HOLA and the 110L LOLA for about 600 Lumens. The X10 is a wall of light if it's within your budget I would get it the thing as awsome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
M6 with MN21 is the brightest

N62 can be used in M4, but will shut down in 2-3 min due to batt overheating. It is bright but not as bright as MN21.

12PM/12ZM have a MUCH "tighter" beam compared to M4 or M6 due to it's reflector, so N62 seems brighter.

12ZM is combat-style body of 12PM.

If you know where I can find a 12PM?ZM, please tell. This light is about impossible to find anymore.

K-T

*Moderator*
The 12PM/PZ were available for some time at LPS but I failed to get one there and LPS doesn't sell them anymore - I am on a hunt for one, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've recently called up a shop I know to sell the 12PM, they are selling it for $204 USD. If I didn't remember wrongly, they have 2 units left. If you guys desperately want it, I can try and help you get it.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
About a month or so ago, I was doing Google searches and ran across a store in Brazil that was offering either the 12PM or 12ZM. Wish I could remember what I typed in for the search.
oldgrandpajack

Size15's

Flashaholic
When I first got into this game, I came down to the 12PM and SL35X and took the 12PM on size. I always regret not going for the 12ZM.

The 12PM with N62 is about as impressive as it gets for light from a tiny flashlight. At least for the first few minutes of the battery life. It seems crazy to think how many battery sets I've put through mine. Worth it though I think.

Perhaps the ultimate combination I've found is the 12PM with 3" diameter "T" TurboHead and the N62 lamp on fresh SF123As.

I don't notice any difference in range between the N62 in the 12PM and the N62 in the M4 or SRTH or KT for that matter. Perhaps it's my eyesight but it takes a larger diameter reflector such as the "T" to intensify the beam enough to make a real-world difference in illumination at the ranges any difference is noticable.

The 12PM/M4 model is the most lightsabre looking. The 10X wins on sheer output as mentioned. The M6 is the best all rounder of the high output flashlights. It's compact, ergonomic, bright, two lamp options, it maintains it's output surpisingly well throughout the battery life and look great.

In all seriousness, continue saving for those months. We're almost round to SHOT in early Feb04 so it's always good to have some cash under the bed!

Al

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is one web site that appears to sell the 12ZM/PM, but to dealers only. It is 12ZM/PM here!

Perhaps one of the CPF sponsered dealers could buy some of these and broker a group buy or something. Just a thought.

Al, thanks so much for the info! I am definitely saving up for a few light purchases in the next quarter or so. I hadn't thought about SHOT. Good point. Oh, and BTW, did you ever get your HA P-123 for your Arc-LS? And also a voltage converter for your TL charger? If not I might be able to help.

Thanks again, everyone.

G45

Newly Enlightened
I called this company recently and they do not have the 12series. This web posting is very old and they do not know how / why it is showing up. FYI

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still run across a 12ZM or 12PM every now and then. They usually sell for right around $175 to $200 USD new. If anyone is interested I can pick one up next time I see one. Drop me a PM if you have any interest.

I managed to pick up a reasonably priced 12ZM a few months ago and love it. It is one nice light.

-Mike

EDIT: Changed 12PZ to 12ZM.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a 12ZM. I had some technical difficulties operating my keyboard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Thanks for catching that Al.

-Mike

Size15's

Flashaholic
Tpyos are a pain when writing part codes and model numbers!

I've taken to using the N62 in an M4. It's a very good beam!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes, in my opinion, no difference in beams based on trying out one 12PM and one M4 both with N62's in (and then swapping the lamps around to see if that mades a difference)

I prefer the M4 due to the HA, Shock Isolated Bezel, Pyrex lens, TailCap lanyard clip...

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
... The M6 ...it maintains it's output surpisingly well throughout the battery life and look great...

[/ QUOTE ]

Al,

I've noticed that too and always assumed it was because of the double 3x123 configuration. It was a pleasant surprise when I first started using the light.

Brightnorm