Hidden SOS Mode in Jetbeam RRT-O XML?

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the new Jetbeam RRT-0 XML and when I change modes quickly (e.g., twisting back and forth about 5-10 times) it goes to SOS mode. I am NOT referring the annoying strobe mode. When it's on SOS, the output can still be changed from dim to bright SOS. It turns back to regular mode after I turn it off and back on again.

I don't see this specified in the manuals and this is the first time I picked up an RRT-0, so I'm not sure if this is a common hidden SOS mode or not.

apfevervictim

Newly Enlightened
How cool! I found a hidden "beacon" mode in an old Jetbeam CL-E v1.? I have an RRT-0 R2 at the house. I'll check to see if it's got it when I get home later!

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the new Jetbeam RRT-0 XML and when I change modes quickly (e.g., twisting back and forth about 5-10 times) it goes to SOS mode. I am NOT referring the annoying strobe mode. When it's on SOS, the output can still be changed from dim to bright SOS. It turns back to regular mode after I turn it off and back on again.

I don't see this specified in the manuals and this is the first time I picked up an RRT-0, so I'm not sure if this is a common hidden SOS mode or not.

I do not have a RRT-0

I have a RRT 21 and it has the hidden sos mode like you talk about. I never knew that the intensity of the sos could be varied untill you mentioned it. I tried it on mine and it does. The manual has no mention of that feature.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's weird that Jetbeam didn't mention it in the manual. I think the SOS could potentially be useful and I like the fact that it's hidden.

I just wanted to confirm that there wasn't a problem with my light. :)

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam TCR2 and the RRT-0 R5 do it as well. It's actually 3 quick twists back and forth that puts it into the mode.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's weird that Jetbeam didn't mention it in the manual. I think the SOS could potentially be useful and I like the fact that it's hidden.

I just wanted to confirm that there wasn't a problem with my light. :)

I forgot to say the sos feature is mentioned, but being able to vary the brightness of the sos is not.

jak3All3n

Newly Enlightened
i have the xp-g r5 version and yes it has the hidden sos feature as well but i've always known because i read it somewhere, must've been in the manual.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's nice that it's there ... as mentioned, hopefully I will never need it. :)

Amix

Newly Enlightened
ooh nice I just tried it on my rrt-0 (don't remember which version, but it has the infinitely variable ring but not the 500 lumens), and it worked :) I didn't know it could do that.

spackulator

Newly Enlightened
Cool~!~ However, the SOS mode works only on my RRT-0 XML and not on the RRT-0 R5 version...

Latest posts