Small Neutral Single 18650 Long Runtime?

85coke

Newly Enlightened
Looking for new bike lights. I have 2 magicshine lights, but i've been waiting several months and they still haven't sent me replacement batteries.

I need something that will produce approx. 300-500 lumens for 2 to 3 hours.

I plan to get 2. 1 will be mounted on my helmet and the other on my bars.

I either need mix flood/spot lights or a flood light for the bars and spot for the helmet. 100 yards is probably the max distance I need to see, but typical riding will only need around 20 or 30.

I've gone away from cool LEDs with my flashlights and now plan to do the same with my bike lights. Looking for neutral or warm. High CRI would be even better :naughty:

I'd like to use a single 18650 for each light if possible.

I would prefer 3 modes but i'm flexible on this. I want a low "moonlight" or slightly brighter mode, medium mode for most of my riding, and a turbo mode for when I need to see in the distance.

Smaller the better. I don't want a huge light strapped to my head. I do plan on testing my TK70 on my helmet though :tinfoil:

Price - Keep it under $300 for the pair, but I'd love to spend under $100 for the pair if possible.

Alternatives - If something has a remote battery pack, more than 1 battery isn't a problem. I have a pocket on my camelbak for the helmet light, and I can strap the bar light batteries to my bike.

Thanks for the help

Forgot to mention. These are for a mountain bike so they need to be rugged and waterproof.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spark ST6-460NW looks like something that will work nicely on the head.

Trident1

Newly Enlightened
I've got the P Rocket neutral XP-G and really like it, a lot - great light for the price and use it a lot . Malkoff 61 neutral (with hi/lo ring) is the one I grab more when on bike at night. The whole 'brighter/more bomb proof/more effective' thing just has me leaning that way when it's one light. Bryan has some really good lights for the price (more in my future) - but gosh, Gene makes some solid stuff that you'll never worry about the quality spread that can happen elsewhere - going fast on a bike at night that means a lot. Cost is a factor, but both great lights ( and Bryan's XM-L is next on my list ) and you can't go wrong. I think Malkoff wins on the runtime. There's lots others out there - just my long run 18650 fav's.

85coke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll do some research on these lights.

Latest posts