Fenix TK12

crankitup

Newly Enlightened
With the increases in technology, I am finding really nice flashlights being sold as 'close outs'...for example the Fenix TK12...I already own the Fenix TK10, should I also pick up the TK12?

MaxLight

Newly Enlightened
I have the TK12 and love it. The interface is simple and very functional. If you like the TK10, you will like the added modes of the TK12.

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
The TK12 is an excellent light. I loved everything about mine except the "strike bezel". Even though it is one of the dullest of the strike bezel's, it still ruined a pair of cargo pants and cargo shorts because I carried it in the cargo pocket and the bezel sliced through the pocket. It also tore up the side of a pair of jeans due to it being carried bezel down in a Galco FLC, with holds the flashlight by the body and does not cover the bezel. Despite my personal loathing of lights with strike bezels, I am exceedingly tempted by the current closeouts being run on the TK12...hard to not buy one or two when they are over 50% off.

pinetree89

Enlightened
I've had a TK12 for about 6 months now. Here's how it balances out in my view.

Pros:
18650 Compatible
Good runtimes
Good Knurling
I like the UI. Two modes by rotating the bezel. Three different mode set=6 modes total.
1 inch weapon mountable
Excellent cool white tint in my XP-G R5 Model

Cons:
Even though it's designed for a cigar hold, it's not implemented very well. The crenulations on the tailswitch coupled with amount the switch is recessed makes it very difficult. The button sticks out enough that you can't really tailstand the light, but it's recessed enough that it's not real friendly for instant access.
The cigar ring is a little sharp on the hands.
The pocket clip while nice, doesn't seem to work well with this light due to it's larger head.

I paid around $90US for mine 6 months ago. If you find one in the $50 range I'd say it's a great deal.

Edited to add: Make sure you use a button top 18650. My flat Top AW 18650s didn't work so well.

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
If you find one in the $50 range I'd say it's a great deal.

Some places have them for $40, plus S&H.

The TK12 is not a good light to mount on a firearm. The battery rests on the circuit board (which is why flat-top's don't work), recoil causes the battery to hammer on the circuit board...failure will eventually occur.

Latest posts