Love of darkness

Coop57

Enlightened
Who else loves this time of year? It starts getting dark earlier and getting light later. The drop in temps. Dog walks in the dark. Deer spotting and I'm not even a hunter.
Just seems like a good time of the year for using my stuff.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who else loves this time of year? It starts getting dark earlier and getting light later. The drop in temps. Dog walks in the dark. Deer spotting and I'm not even a hunter.
Just seems like a good time of the year for using my stuff.

Agreed. I have been keeping my dog on a leash at night lately. She will chase a coyote and I'm afraid one will turn around and fight some day. The coyote is more active this time of year at night. I usually shine a large field near the house to see what animals are out there. Deer are ok but if I see a coyote the dog stays on leash. I also don't want her to mess with the skunks. I have found the traffic wands are best when walking the roads. Car drivers know how to respond when they see one. Slow down and make some room.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I'm a fall-winter lover. I love the mystery of the darkness, I guess thats why Haloween is a hit with kids and addults. Sort of a celibration of the unknown and the fear of the dark, and adventure that comes with it. And you hit the nail on the head the best time of year to be a flashaholic. Nothing gives you the feeling of conrtol over your situation, like kicking on 500 - 1000 lumens on a dark night. (also nice if that 500lm is attached to an AR or 870)

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
I don't know. Maybe it's just that daytime is too easy... or too crowded. When I was younger (and did not need sleep) I'd travel by night, scuba dive by night, take walks late at night and simply savor the night. Don't do it as much now so the shorter days are welcome even if the ice is not. One thing for sure though. With all the great flashlights out now, these are the greatest of days for us.

agalb

Newly Enlightened
I hear you, there are some woods near my house that I am itching to test a couple of my new lights in. I have been doing a lot of lurking lately and I have noticed that a great test of the quality of a light is a "foliage" or woods shot of the beam. The wall pictures don't seem to tell the tale as much as the outdoor ones. Also, I will probably bother my neighbors less as opposed to playing with lights in my backyard!