New LED flashlight design....

markdil

Newly Enlightened
I decided to build my own LED flashlight. Not being convinced "round" is the way to go, I built it rectangular. It is a little larger than a cell phone. It makes it easier to sit down and make sure it does not roll. Lay it under a car, or possibly on the top of a drop ceiling while working on wiring. It is over 500 lumens of bright white light. It can be programmed with any computer to do what ever you like. It is microprocessor controlled. Make one of the functions a strobe light. Or possibly make it flash S-O-S in Morse code. It can mount to a tripod to enhance your eBay pictures! I designed a unique LED driver circuit. You can control the brightness with PWM. You can charge your iPod or iPad with it. Here are a few pictures:

flashlight.jpg

flashlight1.jpg

flashlight2.jpg

flashlight3.jpg

Norm

Retired Administrator
:welcome: Mark

Moved to Homemade and Modified Flashlights Discussion - Norm

Looks very interesting, what type of battery / capacity does it use? Looks ideal for a Lipo pack.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm impressed! Heck of a 1st post. I'm thinking your second post will be a sales thread! :hitit:

Looks like a practical light with some nice features - don't forget the magnets.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I can't see the pictures either.

BTW, The Xeno cube is also a rectangular light so although rare, this has been thought of before. :)

moderator007

Enlightened
Thats a cool little light. I like it. That's a great first post. You have obviously put alot of thought and time into this. It looks well worth the effort and great job. Where do the batteries go, I can't tell. There seems to be no battery holder or contacts. I see no wire from a power supply going to the light in the pic with the tripod. Is there a lipo pack behind the circuit board.