Arc-AAA vs the Mag Solitaire: efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice demonstration.

It would make an excellent commercial.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif,
Pat

paulr

Flashaholic
I can't watch the .wmv video but I think Dan's Data did a Solitaire-Arc comparison. The Solitaire was pathetic of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The video just shows the battery not working in the Solitaire at all, and then being put into the Arc AAA and coming on at full brightness. I would not trade my Arc AAA for a thousand solitaires, because they can't do anything as well as the Arc AAA!

paulr

Flashaholic
Heh! Yeah, I had a Solitaire in my drawer for years. I pulled it out and turned it on, got a fraction of a second of dull glow, then nothing. I put the "dead" cell into my Arc AAA and it ran for several hours.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you please, pretty please, use something Macs can play?

Just an older WM codec would be fine. MPEG4 would be smallest.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who said Solitaire are crap? PM LED mods As Small As Possible now and see what he can do for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think it's the main reason why they still make those things. They were meant for mods!

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
radellaf,

You may want to go to Microsoft's "Mactopia" for a Mac compatible .wmv player. You can find it here.

Mike

d'mo

Enlightened
I showed a non-flashaholic the video this morning. Her response was, "No way! how can they do that!" I'll see if I can get her to buy an Arc for her husband. Hee hee hee! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Windows Media Player for the Mac, but no Windows Media v9 video codec is available for Macs. If you encoded with the v7 codec, I'd be fine.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
radellaf said:
I have the Windows Media Player for the Mac, but no Windows Media v9 video codec is available for Macs. If you encoded with the v7 codec, I'd be fine.

[/ QUOTE ] Coming soon. Have you tried this?

foxalopex

Newly Enlightened
Umm Gransee could you possibly do your videos in DivX AVI format? It's an excellent codec and avaliable across nearly all platforms. If you're having trouble converting try using a piece of software at www.virtualdub.org and the codec is avaliable at www.divx.com. Just download the non-adware free version. It doesn't have as powerful an encoder as the payware or ad-version but it's good enough for general use for most people. Why use DivX? Well it's heavily used for pirating movies so that must be a sign it's good at what it does no? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, I like these video concepts. As mentioned, Darell's uht-oh is another arc vs. solitaire video that demonstrates the fragility of the mag bulb vs. the Arc LED. Anyhow, I hope you post more in the future. I think a LS4 normal vs. burst mode would be a good one to wet our appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.