Whats the worse thing you've done to your flashlight(as in neglect/abuse)

Jonnyw2k

Newly Enlightened
I'll start with what I found the most abusive...

Maglite 2AA (Mini)

So I was doing some work on the engine of my car using my flashlight... Anyway about 4 months later after having lost my flash light I'm driving along and take a corner a little hard, after that I am unable to select 1st 3rd and 5th (Manual Transmission UK car) so I call my mate up and he has a look under my bonnet and asks me if I've lost a flashlight, it had managed to wedge itself in the gear linkage took it out and it still work fine with no scratches

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Little sister made some rock hard honeycomb dessert that wouldn't break apart, so I broke out my Armytek Predator and a spoon and used it as a hammer to chisel and pry that monstrous dessert apart so we could eat it! Dented and scratched the bezel a whole lot.

MagDara

Newly Enlightened
I forgot about my mini maglite for like 2 years.(thats the neglection part) But then I discovered that batteries leaked(as with any cheap alkaline) and welded themselves to the inside of the tube! Poor little guy would never work again :shakehead

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much all my D cell lights are used as tire thumpers, door latch beaters and door jams. Has to throw some away ttthat got to dented to put batteries in.

My solarforce SS L2 took a 13'6" fall onto concrete the other day when it got knock off the roof of the trailer I was working on. Mushed one of the anti roll edges and a dent in the head.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Use my TK10 as a "demo torch" to demonstrate its toughness. Let's not go where it has been for the past 2 years. Sufficient to say, its bashed up so bad the tailcap and bootswitch are starting to merge together.

Jonnyw2k

Newly Enlightened
I used to test the crush proof of my inova x5 with a hammer seemed to handle it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was drunk one night at a friend's party/BBQ and whipped out my brand new bored C2-BK with Z59 and promptly dropped it from about chest level onto uneven concrete blocks... The bezel got badly scratched and the Z59 now has several ugly pock marks on the edge. It still makes me sad to think about it...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm pretty careful, except for a couple old lights that sometimes get alkalines. Killed an old Dorcy doing this.

Geoff

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd been looking for a 2xAA Minimag for some time now, and finally located it. I was so happy at my discovery, until I realized the tailcap wouldn't budge. Death by alkaline. Time to call Duracell. :(

kerry460

Newly Enlightened
G,,day i am new here.
i am just starting through all the threads of interest.

a friend left his minimag lite in the engine bay of my 4wdrive.
i found it 12 to 18 months later, it had lodged in a spot where it couldnt fall out, but rattled around a bit.
when found there was no black on it.
but i was very surprised , a quick wipe, new batterys and it worked.
it had done some fairly hard muddy trips, also lots of water.
he was surprised when i gave it back.
kerry

Quiksilver

Enlightened
A few things:

1. Loaned it out.

2. Inserted dodgy alkaline cells.

3. Left them in the car on a hot/sunny day while running into the shops :( I could hear their pain.

Have dropped my lights numerous times onto hard surfaces, however to me part of why I purchase the expensive lights is because most of them can take that beating. I would hate to have to worry about damaging/breaking a tool while using it.

knegolf

Newly Enlightened
I had a flashlight in my right pocket with the lens pointing up, and being an electrician i had just finished of some work and was about to put my screwdriver back in my toolbelt. However I missed my belt and accidentally jabbed the tiny flathead screwdriver straight through the lens and in to the SSC-P7 led. The beampattern was never the same again.

lightsolo

Newly Enlightened
Lawn mower found a missing Surefire 6Z for me...big chunk of it is missing and split open the bezel. Replaced the bulb and works great. Oh yeah, mower still works.

Latest posts