Help me find a traditional knife to match the beautiful AAA Maratac Cu

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I recently picked up a Maratac AAA Cu light to give as a gift, and need a knife to match it.
Not realizing how quickly they tarnish/patina, I paired my own with a Cayenne Medium Stockman. They matched for about a week. I adore the knife, and can polish the light, so it works just fine for me.

ToolKit2.jpg

For my dad, who isn't likely to fuss over such things, I want a Case which will pair more closely with the tarnished copper, and be about the same size.
He's an electrician/field service technician who retired once, but now runs an appliance repair business. He doesn't EDC, but usually has a SAK with him at work, and has a drawer-full of those Brinkman multi-5mm LED 3x-AAA lights.
The Maratac light is 2.7" long, so I'm thinking Peanut or Small Stockman. I like the peanut for its longer, more useful main blade - but I've always had a soft spot for the Stockman, and since the light is a 3-mode, I think it'll be clever (though probably completely overlooked by him) to include a 3-blade knife.
I know it's a matter of personal preference, but if you could state your reasons for preferring on over the other, or recommend another 2-5/8, 2-3/4, or 2-7/8" long Case model, I'd love to hear it.
Now, I really need to figure out which handle scales. I like the idea of the soon-to-be-released Autumn jigged bone with brass shield, but since it isn't out yet I can't hold it up next to the light to compare.
Do you have a jigged bone scale which matches an old, but not completely dark, penny?
Autumn, chestnut, old red, dark red, amber, harvest orange, brown, caramel, crimson, burnt stag, Oak (wood)? Other?
Thanks for the help and advice!

- Tom

JacobJones

Enlightened
I don't know of any knives with copper bolsters. Brass tarnishes slower than copper so you'd have to wait a long time for a knife with brass to be a similar colour to the maratac.

Have a look at www.aceros-de-hispania.com
they have a huge range of traditional knives, lots of brass, wood and bone.
They're all good quality knives, made in Spain. This is my favourite knife shop