RIP Steve Jobs

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It was quite a ride with the Henry Ford of our time, as I type this on my iPad..

01stevejobs.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
Not an apple fan or user, but RIP indeed. A big loss in the electronics world.

:candle:

Imon

Enlightened
Wow....
This is sad news. I never was much of a user of Apple products but there is no denying this man's vision and influence.

A big loss to the tech community.

ArgenteumTelum

Newly Enlightened
RIP, Steve. As a life-long Mac addict, I am indebted for his genius. May we all be so blessed to be such a visionary.

AT

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally have never owned an Apple product, but I would be a fool to underestimate the effect he has had on our generation and the technology trends he started.

RIP Steve...

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
This morning I sat syncing my iPhone and my iPad with my MacBook. Not only was Steve the genius behind my electronic life, but also an integral part of my career as a qualified Apple engineer for the last decade.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
A genius and visionary, he has changed the world for the better in many ways. And he kept doing so as long as he could.
His Standford speech is an inspiration to me till this day.

Rest in peace, Steve.

nbp

Flashaholic
A sudden and saddening event. :candle: A loss for tech junkies everywhere, and a greater loss for his family and friends. :(

Typed with my iPhone.

JacobJones

Enlightened
RIP Steve Jobs. Sending this from my Ipod touch as a mark of respect.

Post removed. Let's not turn this thread into either an Apple bashing nor Microsoft bashing thread. Such an opportunistic pursuit is disgusting and irreverent toward the event. - Empath

Sorry for the "Microsoft bashing".

Last edited:

cdrake261

Enlightened
Always pushed technology to a higher level than anybody else could see possibly, Steve job is an industry great! You'll be missed!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Hadn't seen him in person since his 2008 keynote:

True to form, he didn't retire until 6 weeks before passing. Helping, working, building until the end.

For those who have not followed his work that closely, he's the reason Disney stopped marketing to children through Happy Meals.

Don't have many heros. He was one. Goodbye Steve. :candle:

Last edited by a moderator:

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve Jobs (Stanford Commencement Speech, 2005):

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."

RIP