Deerelight updates the DBS & CL1H models

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like Deerelight has made some long-overdue enhancements to the DBS and CL1H models:

DBS-T & CL1H-T

When head is tight, the light functions as a single-level tactical light. Slightly loosen head for the 3 output level group (High/Medium/Low). When in this mode, simply half-press the rear switch quickly and repeatedly to cycle between the three output levels.

Large cooling fins to rapidly carry heat away from LED, improving output

4471.JPG

4394.jpg

Although mostly evolutionary changes, it's nice to see that Deerelight is still in the game.

amraspalantir

Newly Enlightened
its about time they did this! there was a time that the dbs was said to be the "king of throw"
.hope deerelight would keep it up and somehow reclaim the throne it held back then.
with good features, competitive pricing and putting the "WOW" back into their lights.:)

purelite

Enlightened
I wish they would go back to the begining with their hosts. When they first hit the scene they had a beautiful natural HA and the quality of the hosts was higher.

That would make me go wow.i am so tired of black lights

red02

Enlightened
Sounds good, but does this mean you can't use standard P60 dropins anymore?

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
They are still compatible, some of us already received the new pill in regular host, they are identical in size.

edit : look at this pill, it's a 2mt-m in the regular cl1h v4 host

p1010406a.jpg

Last edited:

Snowman_ski

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at the new cl1h-t xml 2mt-m. Most of he time I would carry it with a single 18650, and I want the option of the extension tube. What will the output be like with the 2mt-m and a single 18650? There description is vague. Would it be on par with a jetbeam bc25? I have a dbs xml, and love it. But jetbeams Seems to have better quality.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump!

Is there any distinct relevance to purchase the CL1H-T 700 Lumen XML T6 with a 2mt-m driver?

or should i look elsewhere?

The deal looks sweet for 50+ bucks.

cotter

Newly Enlightened
ive got an old DBS v2 and dont even know what kind of CREE is in it... if i wanted to upgrade (sorry im a total noob) would i need a new pill or drop in module?

Thanks!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive got an old DBS v2 and dont even know what kind of CREE is in it... if i wanted to upgrade (sorry im a total noob) would i need a new pill or drop in module?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, that's actually either an XRE R2 or the Q4.

You could easily upgrade it with the pills found here:

http://www.dereelight.com/pills.htm

I'd recommend the T6 one for 30 bucks, I just think you'll have to note to them that you'd be using the 1-cell (lower voltage 0.9 to 4.2v) version so as they do not send you the one that will need two cells to operate at its optimal level. Just dont make the mistake of popping in two CR123's or two RCR123's as you will kill the pill. OR get the 3SM version and just purchase the EXT500 or the EXT650 extensions for your DBS light.

Cool thing about Dereelights is that they are extremely legoable. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
So anyways, back to my topic:

Is the
CL1H-T XML T6 700 lumens

still worth buying for 50+ bucks as a good 18650 EDC?

i've been itching to click on the "pay" button in paypal for the past few hours.... sigh...