button operation fenix ld 20

dangee

Newly Enlightened
ive watched all the you tube reviews but no one speaks of the tail cap switch operation in detail. my question is, if after selecting the output via a half press of the tail cap switch, will it remain in that light output after fully switching off the light, or do you need to cycle the light each and every time. so if i select the lowest output of 9 lumens, for example, then turn off the light by fully depressing the switch, will it come back on at that brightness? and will it do this for all modes? for the fenix ld20

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LD20 has no mode memory. If the head is thight, it comes on in Turbo mode. If the head is loose, it always comes on in low mode.

On another note, my advice is to pick a different 2AA light. Fenix makes some great lights but this is not one of them. It has a horrible beam with donut hole and a pin hole, bad tint, and it does not run properly on alkaline cells (you lose low mode until the batteries discharge a bit). You lose all but high mode if you use energizer ultimate lithium cells. Other 2AA lights do not have these problems. On top of all that the low mode is not nearly low enough. You will blind yourself at night.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I had one but it is now lost. Looking back I'm kind of glad I did because I would have never found cpf if I still had it. I thought it was a great light but as stated, it has a few too many downfalls compaired to similar 2 AAA lights.

ico

Enlightened
If you want a 2AA light, you can check Quark's AA² or Quark's X AA² it is very much alike the LD20 but you will get a Larger spot(the whole hotspot and spill which I do not know what to call:p) and a moonlight mode. Also, no donut/pinhole like what the others said about the LD20

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened
dangee,

there are two "main modes":

head tight - it always starts on max, goes to strobe, after you half click it.

head loose - always starts on low, then goes to medium, then to high, after each half click.

I guess the low and the high (or max) are the two modes that are most popular / useful, and you can always have them as your starting point, depending on how you leave your head. note: the button is quite responsive, so cycling between modes is no problem and you can do it pretty quickly.

does that answer your question? :thinking: