• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SOLD***: XML King Of Throw

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

---I have temporarily quit flashlight modding due to job change & re-location.
My mods were all one of a kind, hand made creations where I enjoy seeking extreme, over the top creations.---You can see my past mods by clicking on my signature.

----check out my 6.1 million lux@ 1 meter tricked out Maxa Beam FS here:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...key-package-with-Lifepo4-battery-light-weight

A light that I never intended to sell when I made it. the amound of work went into it was insane. Read the build thread below. Only one was ever made.

It's the current ringing champion of throw on CPF reflector based flashlight.

It'll out throw SR90 & TK70, both lights are 3-4 times bigger & heavier.
Please do not insult me by comparing throw of this light to SR91, RRT-3, Catapalt, Vera2000, S12, S18, X10, M3LT, UB3T, M6LT etc., etc.

This light is measued at 127,000 lux @ 1 meter, the highest reflector based led flashlight lux on CPF that I know of.

This light has 3 modes, low med Hi: Driver is 2.8A 7135 shinning beam driver +1.4A slave, so 12x7135 total, Hi is 4.2A.

see the original build thread here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Shorty-XML-King-of-Throw-127-000-lux-1-meter
Selling $495 Net to me. . Reduced to $445 Net
IMR 26650 4000mah cell included.

dscf0269nf.jpg

Last edited:

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Re: FS: XML King Of Throw

---I have temporarily quid flashlight modding due to job change & re-location.

I sure hope "Temporarily" is the operative word here ma sha1. Your creations are an inspiration to all us lumen junkies. I wish you good success with your new job and location!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: XML King Of Throw

This light has 3 modes, low med Hi, driver is 2.8A 7135 shinning beam driver +1.4A slave, Hi is 4.2A.

What's not shown is that I installed a copper ring in the place where the rubber O-ring is shown in the pic,
on the neck section, outside. Its even better looking than the picture. It's non functional, just for the looks.

Last edited:

Old One

Newly Enlightened
Re: ***Reduced***: XML King Of Throw

I WANT! (and have paypal ready)
note: Just joined CPF and this is first post so there's no tellin' how soon you'll see this. (to prevent spam, it needs to be seen by moderator first) Am also trying to get ahold of you thru ebay & your paypal addy (is kaput?).

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, Old One,

This light just went SPF to gary123 by PM. I'll put you in for back-up.

Thanks

Gary123

Enlightened

Paypal is sent Ma.

Old One: I don't know if you're aware that with a Li ion 26650, not only do you need a charger for Li ion batteries, but because most chargers will not take a 26650 battery, you would need to make or buy an adapter for the charger. You also would likely not want an inexpensive charger. There have been reports of Li ion batteries exploding from improper charging and use (there are numerous threads in CPF about this) and a 26650 is a big one. This would be a fair amount to take on as a first light. You may have been up to the task and may even have all the equipment - I just offer this up.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

**SOLD**

Thanks Gary, I have my own modified 26650 charger.
The battery included is batteryspace's orange 26650 4000mah IMR, safer than regular Li-ion.
But still, the more careful the better when charging. I am glad to see you are up to task with battery safety.

Gary123

Enlightened

Just received this. My god. This is more than a beast, its scary. It makes my throwers look like short range flood lights. There is no comparison. The only thing I can say for my throwers - they'll fit in a coat pocket.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gary is going to do a shoot out of 4 throwers, can't wait to see...

Al Combs

Enlightened

---I have temporarily quit flashlight modding due to job change & re-location.
Like Quest4fire said, hope your absence isn't for long. I always enjoyed checking out your many and varied builds. Good luck with the new job.:twothumbs

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Quest4fire said, hope your absence isn't for long. I always enjoyed checking out your many and varied builds. Good luck with the new job.:twothumbs

Thanks for the support. The time off from the hobby is killing me.