What's the best 1xCR123A flashlight out there today?

Nytern

Newly Enlightened
I've got both the Fenix E15 and a JetBeam BC10 and I'm wondering if there's something better out there?

Thinking of ordering the Olight i1 because of the XM-L goodie!

Also considering the Quark MiNiX 123 but is it worth the extra 10 bucks?

I've been lurking in this forums for a good while now, feels good to finally be a part of it! :naughty:

pinetree89

Enlightened
I've been very satisfied with my Olight i1 with XML. It's a great light. It's very floody with a huge hotspot which I love. A bit smaller than my E15 so it pocket carries a little easier. I love the clip on the Olight too. Tint is good with a hint of yellow in my example. On RCR123s high mode is very amazing, just don't run it too long.

nbp

Flashaholic
^What he said. I wholeheartedly agree. These are some of the best 1x123 lights made.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
If I could go back in time one year and 2 weeks I would tell myself (get an HDS Rotary..when they come out..). Believe me. Save your self the trouble. I have bought and sold over 30 lights looking for the best. Thus far it is the HDS Rotary, plus a few others Ive kept along the way, couple surefire's and malkoffs. Keeping it under 200 per light is key but its a nasty habbit once you get going.

nbp

Flashaholic
archimedes said:
I was wondering how many posts it would be, before McGizmo was mentioned .... :devil:

That's probably too many, wouldn't you say? ;)

dheim

Newly Enlightened
i've got a led Lenser M1 and (of course if you like LL variable focus) i think it's a very good flashlight... very small, stilish, and i love its flood in wide focus... i know that LL is not the most popular choice around here, but give it a try!

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Ill second that E1b comment also. I lost one and then had to buy another. I barely use it but just having it around is good piece of mind. If I had to use it every day it wouldn't be a problem. But the E1L is also a pretty solid little guy. Longer run times but slightly less output and not as much throw. Just depends on your needs. The e1b has a dual pocket clip that can go on a bill of a hat or in your pocket. Mine also has a Z58? tailcap on it so it can tailstand. Little candle with an F05. And when you go the surefire E-series route it allows for all kinds of interchanging as your collection grows. Its quite fun.

Kasé Zomé

Newly Enlightened

For $31 bucks it's a great deal. I got 2 from GoingGear.com and during a power outage we had recently, it was my most used light (esp. because it tail stands) and the battery life is great. I vote for this one! Plus the new SS version is pretty cool for a few bucks more.

But if you want to spend the money, I say get the HDS rotary.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
My vote goes to the Zebralight SC80. I could run CR123's and AA enelops. and can scavenge an AA in an emergency. It will be my EDC as soon as I can buy one. It may not be the best at any one thing but it is the most versitile, and thats what I want from my EDC items...

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got both the Fenix E15 and a JetBeam BC10 and I'm wondering if there's something better out there?

Easy, the best is the Sunwayman V10R.

Also considering the Quark MiNiX 123 but is it worth the extra 10 bucks?

I've been lurking in this forums for a good while now, feels good to finally be a part of it! :naughty:

Welcome to CPF! :)

For a few bucks more, my vote goes to Sunwayman's V10R. Heck of a nice light! :)

Last edited: