How can I know that the LED flahlight will have a focus beam on it ?

matthewcyho

Newly Enlightened
How can I know that the LED flahlight will have a focus beam on it ? Becasue i love focus flahlight more ..

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The measurement you are looking for is beam intensity. Units of measurement are lux or cd (candela). FYI, 1 lux @ 1 meter = 1 cd. There are a lot of light manufacturers that use the ANSI standard to measure intensity and they would be directly comparable. Since you want a very intense focused beam, you want a very high lux @ 1 meter measurement (or cd). I have a couple lights with a beam intensity over 95,000 cd. My decent throwers are all at least 45,000 cd.

matthewcyho

Newly Enlightened
I still can't get what you mean , Could you use some flashligt to be an example ? May you use Olight SR90 or Jetbeam M2S ?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A big reflector will focus the beam. So for two lights with the same led, the one with the biggest reflector will have the most focused beam. The bigger led you use, the bigger the reflector needs to be to focus the light. So if you have two similar sized lights, one with a big xm-l led and one with a small xr-e or xp-g, the one with the smallest led emitter will usually have the best focus. So how big the reflector is compared to the led is also playing a role.

Last edited:

Latest posts