NEW Hi flux 350mA LED

Streak

Enlightened
We were approached by a company who wants us to try and use their light sources an advertising application. They sent us some of these today.

The PCB mounted LED has been placed on top of the head of an ARC LSS to indicate size.
The unit is rated at 350mA with Vf of <3.5v. Luminous intensity is greater than 20000 mcd.
I attached one to a small heat sink and have been running it of 3 x AA NiCd batteries for about 10 minutes.

I dont think it is as bright as an LS but it will still have some good applications.

Hope to have some pricing information soon if anyone is interested.

hiflux.jpg

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you just have the one sample?

How is the color? If they only sent one, I suspect they would hand-pick for whiteness and consistency. Will it work with NX-05, 30mm, or Fraen optics? How does it look in a Mag or Pelican M6 reflector?

Thanks.

Streak

Enlightened
I receievd 6 samples. Only had them a few hours. So far the units I have wired up are really white in colour.

Cant comment on the optics, never seen any of them and cant get hold of them here in South Africa.

I am away for the next few days but after that will try and position the light source in a Mag reflector to see what results I get. The beam width seems quite broad so results with a reflector may be quite good.

Streak

Enlightened
No offence at all. It was not a secret, however although the PCB shows Maxphoton, it does not seem to be one of their products. Mine came from a company in Korea.

I have however been in touch with Maxphoton to see if it is their product or if someone is using their name.

Will let you all know once I get some answers.