Thank you CPF...!

Westernmdhardwoods

Newly Enlightened
I bugged alot of you with dozens of flashlight questions a couple weeks ago!

I decided on an EagleTac T20C2 XM-L 720 Lumen(2 CR123)

I must say I love this light and have already impressed a few others. I helped a buddy track a deer the other night with it and it made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. It was almost comical the amount of light it would put out compared to any other flashlight we had!

I will be posting a few comparison pics for you guys in the future.

I DO HAVE A QUESTION though I am running Rayovac Lithium Photo CR123 batteries. I have no complaints because I have nothing to compare them too, BUT what kind of voltage drop is to be expected?
I probably ran the light for upwards of an hour and it still looks bright. A stock Rayovac out of the package is reading 3.20V and the ones in the flashlight are still reading 2.82V...?
When will I start to see a decrease in light output? How far do you guys run your batteries down too?

The light is rated for 1.2hours on High/Turbo which is basically what I have run it on so far.

Thanks again!

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lithium batteries have a relatively flat discharge curve, compared to alkalines that are constant downhill from the moment you activate the light. Lithiums will, upon nearing their depletion, will rapidly drop off and then die.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
You cannot tell the discharge state of a primary cell by it's voltage. They will read almost full voltage until near dead. You need a ZTS pulse load battery tester for that. If the light takes 18650 batteries- that is the way to go if you use the light a lot.

Westernmdhardwoods

Newly Enlightened
Tiggercat~~ I have nothing really to compare it to, but to me its an awesome light! Im very happy with it so far.

Lighthouse~~ It will indeed take a 18650 I do believe, but I will be mainly using this light for hunting/tracking situations. I figure even if I help with 12 tracks a year at 1hr a piece I will still only be spending $15 on CR123's yearly. That is totally acceptable to me. Thanks for the tip though!