Anyone have an L2X?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking at this Solarforce on lighthound for a while... I like the look of the host, and also have read good things about Solarforce's lantern head attachment. What's really pushing me on this right now is that Dereelight has a new neutral XML T6 drop in available...

Anyone have an L2X they can share their experiences about? I'm very interested in one, and the L2T I got early this summer seems like a nice enough light... I bought a Solarforce red XRE drop-in for it, loaded a couple of AWP 14500's in, and put it in the glovebox of my wife's Sienna as an emergency light.

If I get this, it will be my first 2x18650 light. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

d337944

Enlightened
Hey there B0wz3r!

I've had an L2X (2x18650 version) for over a year now, and love it. It all fits together very well, and leggos well with other Solarforce and Surefire parts. Also the "bumpy" design all over the surface of the host provides excellent grip, and I believe improved heat dispersion over a standard smooth body.

A couple of points I've got about it:
1. My Torchlab triples do not work in it ... I believe the negative contact ring on the drop-ins do not touch the L2X host properly. All other Malkoff, Solarforce and Nailbender drop-ins work perfectly though!

2. The HAIII coating is not the toughest on the bumps all over the body ... mine rolled off a low coffee table onto the tiled floor, and the HAIII flaked off on a couple of the bumps.

Over all, a highly recommended p60 host!

Cheers,
d337944

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an 1x18650 L2X and I like it. My all P60 drop-in modules with a outer spring are fit very well.

In my view, It's good for heat dispersion due to the larger surface area as d337944 metion.

KH

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info!

I've liked the look of the L2X for a while now, and also been wanting a good, bright, neutral lantern as well. With the new neutral XML Dereelight drop-in, and the Solarforce lanter attachment, I think I can actually get what I've been looking for, and a cracking flashlight as well. My goal is to have something that can be used for camping, emergency prep, etc. So I've been considering the 2x18650 version for the longer run times it would give, and as far as I know, the Dereelight drop-ins should be compatible with the voltage.

Thanks again, now I just have to figure out how to explain it to my wife... Not like I'm going to be able to keep it a secret the next time the power goes out! :eek:oo:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an L2X single 18650 host. It really is a very high quality low cost host. The bumps provide excellent grip, and the light with a Manafont XM-L 3 mode H-M-L P60 drop in really makes for a nice light. I also have the stainless B6 bezel on the end. Very sharp looking. I use Callies Kustom 3100 cells with no problems.