SUREFIRE AZ2-S

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I've got a line on a good price for an AZ2S combat light, or actually two of them, which immediately makes me wonder why they have been discontinued by Surefire. Is there something wrong with them or what is the deal?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they whole combat-light grip/strobe concept didn't go over to well...that being said, I FINALLY got an AZ2...absolutely love it. Nice floody beam on low for 95% of what I need a light for, and the high throw beam is sufficient for most medium range apps. I can't see this light having a strobe function...be too much of a PITA. Probably why the "S" model was discontinued. I doubt there's any functionality issues...if there were, SF would replace it with a standard head. Get one...you'll Love It!

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I think they whole combat-light grip/strobe concept didn't go over to well...that being said, I FINALLY got an AZ2...absolutely love it. Nice floody beam on low for 95% of what I need a light for, and the high throw beam is sufficient for most medium range apps. I can't see this light having a strobe function...be too much of a PITA. Probably why the "S" model was discontinued. I doubt there's any functionality issues...if there were, SF would replace it with a standard head. Get one...you'll Love It!

OK, I was hoping that was what the problem was. I know that if I was going door-kicking tactical with a flashlight, two options would be the most I wanted, and one would be ideal. However I can put up with the strobe and maybe I can set up my own disco with it, if the power goes out.