Streamlight Survivor, Who has one?

harebawl

Newly Enlightened
I found a great deal on one at a local shop...they have one left with charger for 75% off, I think it's $40 now. Wondering what it compares to beam wise...? Does anyone have an opinion on this light..? Is it worth getting? I'm not sure if I like the form factor, Being 90 degreee head..
Any info would be appreciated!!!!Thanks!!!

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been beating the !@#$ out of mine for the past two years. I got 30-40hrs on the first bulb, second batt.

What are you going to use it for?

Is it a "new survivor" or just "survivor"? Just survior is worthless.

harebawl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks FC, It is the new div. 2 version, with anti glare lense and smoke cutter optics. Primarily I would be using it as clip on my side/belt spot light. I run hounds at night alot and use a SL 3AA Lux for navigating, then when I need a beam, I use an Ultra Stinger. The Survivor would be a back-up rechargable to my US if I need more than an hour of high output light. I am hoping it is a spot beam because flood light in the woods,(not trails) floods everything close to you, and it makes it seem like your standing in a round room. I believe the smoke cutter optics is a spot...? right? The spot gives much better depth of view in the woods.