So I picked up an E1B on while on vacation...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably paid a little too much ($149) but I'm camping in PA right now and the Maratac AA just isn't up to the task. It's a new 110L model. Nice white tint. So now, in typical CPF fashion, I'm already starting to investigate mods for it. Any emitter upgrades worth the cost/effort? One thing I DO want to get right away is a 2AA body. Anyone know where I can get one in that matching HA black?

I've owned two of them in the past but got out of lights for awhile. But if I can get this one configured the way I want it I will be happy with it for awhile ;)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Probably paid a little too much ($149) but I'm camping in PA right now and the Maratac AA just isn't up to the task. It's a new 110L model. Nice white tint. So now, in typical CPF fashion, I'm already starting to investigate mods for it. Any emitter upgrades worth the cost/effort? One thing I DO want to get right away is a 2AA body. Anyone know where I can get one in that matching HA black?

I've owned two of them in the past but got out of lights for awhile. But if I can get this one configured the way I want it I will be happy with it for awhile ;)

The E1B is a great little torch ! Since it is an E-series light, the E1B head will thread on to a Vital Gear FB3 body, which is long enough to accept 2x AA-cells. One 3v CR123A should have about the same voltage as two 1.2-1.6v AA cells, depending on chemistry, such as NiMH or Lithium or alkaline (not that you would want to use alkaline in a nice flashlight, of course :D ). Of course, DON'T use multiple CR123's or Li-Ions, which would most likely fry it :poof: ! Also, the AA's may rattle around a bit inside, without a spacer tube ....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to find a black HA FB3 body but can't seem to... the only other one close is the I valiant concepts body but I don't even know if it fits and its a twisty which I don't want. I'm really surprised something like this is so hard to find...

dasBULK

Newly Enlightened
I had always wanted to try out Surefire, so I snagged one yesterday to replace my lost Quark123Sq. Im pretty sure I left it in a hotel but they didn't find it. :(
Oh well. I like the E1B enough. Smaller, simpler, but pricier. But I had a reason to try Surefire out so I went ahead and got one.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I would love to find a black HA FB3 body but can't seem to... the only other one close is the I valiant concepts body but I don't even know if it fits and its a twisty which I don't want. I'm really surprised something like this is so hard to find...

Might try a PM to member lightknot although I think his recent sale may have just recently sold out of VG FB3? Another option is the fivemega E3 body, but those are long gone (could try a WTB thread ...).

A SureFire E2L AA Outdoorsman tube is what you are looking for, but not available sold separately, and I think I've only seen one of these change hands on the MP in the past year or so.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had always wanted to try out Surefire, so I snagged one yesterday to replace my lost Quark123Sq. Im pretty sure I left it in a hotel but they didn't find it. :(Oh well. I like the E1B enough. Smaller, simpler, but pricier. But I had a reason to try Surefire out so I went ahead and got one.
Oh they found it alright.
Might try a PM to member lightknot although I think his recent sale may have just recently sold out of VG FB3? Another option is the fivemega E3 body, but those are long gone (could try a WTB thread ...).A SureFire E2L AA Outdoorsman tube is what you are looking for, but not available sold separately, and I think I've only seen one of these change hands on the MP in the past year or so.
Hey good idea. Wonder how the e1b's high beam compares to the e2l-aa's? Too bad there's no adaptor or something to make e series heads work with the new valiant twisty bodies.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey good idea. Wonder how the e1b's high beam compares to the e2l-aa's? Too bad there's no adaptor or something to make e series heads work with the new valiant twisty bodies.
This is something I could comment. My older 80 lumen E1B appears slightly brighter than the 80 lumen E2L AA.