shrouded tailcaps

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
What else aside from the z49 & the triad ($56 + $20?!), that's available? I assume that since the triad is compatible with both the malkoff MD bodies & surefire, the malkoff & surefire tailcaps are interchangeable as well (I understand their heads are not)? Are there different versions of the md shrouded tailcaps, or they all use the delrin ring?

Anything else I'm I overlooking?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Among surefire's own, it looks like the z48/49 style are still available.

But also interested in non s.f. shrouded tailcaps that will fit the 6p too. Something less expensve than the triad, & maybe someone knows about the malkoff MDx tailcaps- whether they're 6p compatible, & if they were always delrin at the end (thought that ring was aluminum for some reason).

purelite

Enlightened
The Malkoff MD tailcaps are compatible and they did switch to aluminium for the shroud. They utilize a Mclicky which is the best clicky out there. Its the best deal in tailcaps out there but you will really like the quality of the TRIAD. It is beautiful and can use the Mclicky also or 2 or 3 other switch setups

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks so much for the breakdown. At 1/3 the price I think probably best deal over best, but the triad does look awesome.

The listing for the md tailcap on malkoff's site has a pic of one that looks all Al, but the description states delrin shroud, so not sure which ones he has now. Anyway good to know they fit.

btw Is yours all aluminum T.G. & did you get it from malkoffdevices?

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Yes it is all aluminum. I got them from Malkoff devices yes. They are like 25 bucks or something. They come apart easily for cleaning/cerakoting as well.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Malkoff just hasn't updated the product description yet: "...has a delrin shroud which allows for tailstanding." I think for malkoff, all aluminum now, & a mcclicky switch that's the obvious choice, but thanks for reminding me of solarforce... five dollars?! Wow. x, 5x, 15x what a range.

archimedes

Flashaholic
What else aside from the z49 & the triad ($56 + $20?!), that's available? I assume that since the triad is compatible with both the malkoff MD bodies & surefire, the malkoff & surefire tailcaps are interchangeable as well (I understand their heads are not)? Are there different versions of the md shrouded tailcaps, or they all use the delrin ring?

Anything else I'm I overlooking?

So Malkoff just hasn't updated the product description yet: "...has a delrin shroud which allows for tailstanding." I think for malkoff, all aluminum now, & a mcclicky switch that's the obvious choice, but thanks for reminding me of solarforce... five dollars?! Wow. x, 5x, 15x what a range.

SW02 - :devil: - (25x?)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha I knew someone would eventually go there. That one in particular is the reason I specifically added "available" in my OP- I don't think you can buy them retail anymore, but I have seen what they go for in the mp & I think your ratio is right on!

:whoopin:

Maybe if it were for something nicer than a 6p whose bezel is already beat to hell, otherwise a triad & a ss ring (if it would even take at this point) would be nice.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ha I knew someone would eventually go there. That one in particular is the reason I specifically added "available" in my OP- I don't think you can buy them retail anymore, but I have seen what they go for in the mp & I think your ratio is right on! ....

:) - "available" (on the MarketPlace) ....

Hey, at least I didn't mention RPM tailcap, right ? :D

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 lights with the twisty switch and 1 with a McClicky switch. They have a nice feel whether clicking or twisting. I like them.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a pic showing the new style Malkoff McClicky tailstand switch on a Surefire P series body?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, thanks for bumping. I forgot to update this thread. I've since tried a malkoff md tailcap, then splurged on a triad.kyhunter1 I'd share a pic, but I have at some point misplaced my malkoff tailcap since replacing it with the triad, but I can assure you it looks perfect on the 6p, as if it came that way from SF themselves- perfect dia., ano, & knurling match. The triad on the other hand is a complete mismatch, but an AWESOME tailcap functionally. No tailstand wobble, & easy to click.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Thanks for the info about the Malkoff MD tailcap, I just ordered one for my 6P. I hope to remember to post a pic of it when it comes, I may also even order another for my 9P. Glad you started this thread it helped me on my purchase. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, thanks for bumping. I forgot to update this thread. I've since tried a malkoff md tailcap, then splurged on a triad.kyhunter1 I'd share a pic, but I have at some point misplaced my malkoff tailcap since replacing it with the triad, but I can assure you it looks perfect on the 6p, as if it came that way from SF themselves- perfect dia., ano, & knurling match. The triad on the other hand is a complete mismatch, but an AWESOME tailcap functionally. No tailstand wobble, & easy to click.

Howecollc

Enlightened
Isn't the Malkoff MD tailcap a little longer than the Surefire tailcaps? Does it partially fill in the gap left between say a 9P body and the OEM Surefire tailcap?