Problem with new Fenix TK70 not ccylcing between modes!

HRD355

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Quick question, I just received my TK70 in the mail last night.
Now I hadnt received my Tenergy 10,000 mAh D cells yet so I decided Id slap in a few Energizer MAX alkalines. So as expected torch fires up... nice bright white light, excellent its not faulty... but then I noticed it would not cycle through all the modes. Now I know it wont run on Turbo Mode if the batteries are no good but I was not able to get the Torch to go to Moonlight mode or Medium.

I read somewhere that the Chip/ Driver remembers the last settings that were used ( in factory they do a test on turbo and high mode)... So im wondering if the batteries arnt powerful enough then maybe I wont be able to get it to flick past Turbo until I have the NiHm D cells.

Did anyone else have issues with the TK70 not being able to cycle through all the different modes of Lighting until they had NiHm batteries? :huh:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a TK70 and have no issues with any of the 3 brands of nimhd cells I use. I get all the light levels with a simple touch of the left button. I love the UI. Wait until you get fully charged nimh cells. If it malfunctions then--call your vendor and get an RMA number.

dwminer

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Now I hadnt received my Tenergy 10,000 mAh D cells yet so I decided Id slap in a few Energizer MAX alkalines. So as expected torch fires up... nice bright white light, excellent its not faulty... but then I noticed it would not cycle through all the modes. Now I know it wont run on Turbo Mode if the batteries are no good but I was not able to get the Torch to go to Moonlight mode or Medium.

I read somewhere that the Chip/ Driver remembers the last settings that were used ( in factory they do a test on turbo and high mode)... So im wondering if the batteries arnt powerful enough then maybe I wont be able to get it to flick past Turbo until I have the NiHm D cells.

Did anyone else have issues with the TK70 not being able to cycle through all the different modes of Lighting until they had NiHm batteries? :huh:

It seems that there my be some problems with the TK70's, read post # 689

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?317324-Fenix-TK-70&goto=newpost

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Now I hadnt received my Tenergy 10,000 mAh D cells yet so I decided Id slap in a few Energizer MAX alkalines. ...

I saw the same thing. I used some alkalines while waiting for the NiMh cells to charge and found only "high" mode, though I could get at the strobe and SOS modes, too. After I had the NiMh charged, and turned off the light in "low" on the NiMh, I could power up in "low" on alkaline, but once you increase the level to "max" you can't go back down again on alkalines (no matter how fast you hit the mode button). Annoying, but I can live with it.

Bill
( who was using his new toy as a really short torchiere lamp for reading last night...)

HRD355

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys!

I will wait for the NiHm batteries and see how I go.