Has anyone tried or know of this SF mod being done before?

phatjohn

Newly Enlightened
I've got a SF 500A weapon light. Has anyone ever heard of or attempted to mod it from ican to LED? What would it entail? What LEDs and circuits/boards would be needed? SF does make an LED conversion/upgrade for it but for the price they want, I would think it could be modded for a lot less. Thoughts on feasibility, or is this a solution looking for a problem.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I've got a SF 500A weapon light. Has anyone ever heard of or attempted to mod it from ican to LED? What would it entail? What LEDs and circuits/boards would be needed? SF does make an LED conversion/upgrade for it but for the price they want, I would think it could be modded for a lot less. Thoughts on feasibility, or is this a solution looking for a problem.

I'm not that familiar with the SF WeaponLight series, but a quick glance at the M500A specs suggests to me that the head may simply be an (incandescent) M3. If so, you have lots of easy (and relatively inexpensive) LED options. For example, board member nailbender makes D36 drop-ins, and other options would include Veleno Designs M3 LED tower or Lumens Factory D36-LED ....

Last edited: