Nitecore Smart PD D11 V.2 R5

2manybikes

Newly Enlightened
I can't find anything on this light using the search over and over. Can someone steer me to a thread about them. How about a review. My new light is so stiff I almost can't push the button to make it work. I have had three other PD lights, they were much better. Anyone solve this? Anyone cut the spring down? I have taken the piston out, there is no binding that I can find.

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked to see if the brass ring located on the head moves up and down freely? That is a big issue with it's sibling EX11.2

There is a spring underneath that brass ring on the EX11.2 I'm thinking it is the same on the D11?

On several of my samples the spring underneath the brass ring had imperfections that rubbed against the inner side of the head metal on metal. I was finally able to get a smooth one after testing several lights in-store.

Try a search for this I did and it will reveal a lot of info.

NOTE: if you try to remove that brass ring to get to the spring (and you can) be super careful...it's very easy to damage the circuit board in the process

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try searching for D11.2 instead of D11 V.2, you should get quite a lot of info.

+1 on rotating the brass ring in the head, and being careful.

2manybikes

Newly Enlightened
Try searching for D11.2 instead of D11 V.2, you should get quite a lot of info.

+1 on rotating the brass ring in the head, and being careful.

I did that already. It's annoying to read every thread that comes up. Still nothing about actually working on the brass ring.

Edit: Thanks anyway, I got so frustrated that I just started taking it apart. I'm done, it's fixed.

Last edited:

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
I did that already. It's annoying to read every thread that comes up. Still nothing about actually working on the brass ring.

Edit: Thanks anyway, I got so frustrated that I just started taking it apart. I'm done, it's fixed.
I realize I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but what did you do to fix it?

sk8

Newly Enlightened
I fixed mine easily by unscrewing the front bezel and removing the reflector, led unit, etc. The problem lies where the contact ring has a gap. There were sharp edges around this gap causing the ring to 'stick' making the light glitchy.
Just sand or file the edges smooth and reassemble. The light is now perfect again! Hope this helps. :) Still one of fav edc lights!