LED colour tone closest to halogen bulb

vincevoxbox

Newly Enlightened
Hello all.

Could someone please tell me what would be the way to get my Tiablo A9 and my mag with the cree drop in the same colour tint as a typical halogen 12V spotlight bulb.. the reflections from critters of the night are not the same colours through the LEDs that seam really bright and blue tinted almost...could i paint the LED with some Yellow type of paint or add a filter to the aspheric lens,,like a glass slide behind the lens maybe ?

any suggestions would be very welcomed.

thanks

vin

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
... and my mag with the cree drop in the same colour tint as a typical halogen 12V spotlight bulb..
What drop in do you have? And which Mag model?

EDIT
It might be easier to get a WARM tinted LED light.
The Xeno E03 comes in warm, neutral and cool tints for about $35.
Warning: Many neutral tinted lights are called warm because the are warmer than the normal cool bluish tint. They are more like sunlight, not the yellowish tint of a halogen bulb. Most CPFers who go out in the countryside at night prefer them to either the bluish of regular LEDs or the yellowish of incandescents. Some photos here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...lights-do-you-love-em-If-not-take-a-look-here!
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ion-and-Tint-Comparison-Cree-Rebel-GDP-Nichia

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac also makes amber filters for their lights. Of course it would mean you'd have to buy a new light though... (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more...) :D

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the Lee Filter European contact page:
http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/contact/

Just drop them a note and ask for their Lighting Filter Swatch Book. There will probably be a nominal shipping fee. In the US version, the pages are about 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" and contain enough different colored filters to get you close to what you're looking for.

Of course there will be a slight decrease in brightness (because they are filters), but that is the trade-off we make for a better tint.

Happy filtering :).

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll point out that the same trade-off is generally made with neutral or warm LEDs from the factory as well.

vincevoxbox

Newly Enlightened
thanks so much chaps.. i have oredered a book form one of the online suppliers...cant wait.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
As LEDninja pointed out, you may wish to try a neutral, warm, or high-CRI light. Or swap the emitter, which if you can solder, you may be able to do yourself for just the cost of the LED.

vincevoxbox

Newly Enlightened
looks like i will have to learn to solder..just re-charged batteries for my Mag with cree and asheric lens..dropped it on floor and now it wont work at all.
Ive had it apart and cannot see anything wrong but it deffo wont work now.
any clues ? could i buy a new drop in with a more powerfull led and better tint ?