TK45's "slow" response... is it normal?

dheim

Newly Enlightened
hello, i've just received my brand new Fenix TK45, and while i love both its beam and power, i'm not exactly enthusiast about its commands... the on/off button is reverse (and slow, because it's electronic, not mechanical) and though i prefer forward clicking buttons i can live with it (but i can hardly understand the reason for an electronic reverse button with a separate mode control!)... mode change is forward (of course...), but it behaves curiously. most times it's smooth and quick, but sometimes i have to press the button twice or keep the pressure longer (or harder) than i normally would.
TK45 owners, have you noticed the same incostant button response or my torch is flawed?

Last edited:

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
As for the rewerse/forward acting of power/switch buttons - it's true. Even my testing sample of TK45 have it.
When it comes to the mode switch buttons, it shouldn't do this. Mine don't, it works flawlessly.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
uhm... i can't really say the don't work properly. maybe i'm just used to the soft mode button of the TK21! :)

andrewnewman

Enlightened
On/Off is an electronic reverse clicky as you noted with a pause before the light comes on because the button is timing out waiting for the second click to go into disco mode. The brightness/mode change switch should respond immediately. I've never had to press it twice unless I pressed it way off center on the square rubber boot.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My on/off switch is finicky from time to time. For a while it was particularly bad, but I haven't had much trouble with it for since then. I've had it for about 10 months. Cleaning everything didn't seem to help at first, but eventually something made it work better after messing with it.

dheim

Newly Enlightened
I've never had to press it twice unless I pressed it way off center on the square rubber boot.

yeah, i think it's me, after all! :)
anyway Fenix has done definitely a better work with the TK41, buttons are both forward and work perfectly