Fenix TK-21 vs TK-40 vs Streamlight Super Tac

Mukiwa19

Newly Enlightened
The only one I've ever used is the Streamlight and I was super impressed but I'm really interested in the TK-40 BUT the TK-21 also really interests me as it is also well rated and cheaper

You guys are experts... I'll step back and listen

dheim

Newly Enlightened
if you want a medium size flashlight with lots of throw why the TK40 and not the more recent TK41? the TK21 is much smaller and lighter (and cheaper) has got a surprising output and a very usable beam, unless you want to light up things farther than, say, 150 m. i'd dare to say that it does more or less the same work as the TK45 being 1/4 of its size and weight (max output of course is weaker, but the beam is similar at 20-30 m)

Mukiwa19

Newly Enlightened
why the TK40 and not the more recent TK41

I just like the look of the tk 40 better than the 41... The three separate lights looks kinda goofy. I was almost going to buy the tk 40 when I saw a review of the 21 and was really impressed so I'm probably going to get myself one when I feel rich enough...

mmace1

Enlightened
Mukiwa19, you're thinking of the TK45 - that light has three separate emitters.

The TK41 has 1 emitter, and is the updated version of the TK40. Newer emitter with brighter and longer runtimes. Two buttons instead of one. More neutrally - it has an even more focused beam.

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=89