If you could only own 3 LED lights for the next 6 months - which 3 would you choose?

mmace1

Enlightened
That's all. You're a well-informed flashaholic - but limited in ownership to a level more commiserate with the average person. Seems a fun thought exercise within this hobby. Informed, but limited more like the average developed-nation person.

So - which 3 would you choose? And ideally - why, though that's optional.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 3?!? That's like limiting one's self to three women. :devil:

Zebralight SC30w
Zebralight SC600BN (Barely Neutral which is 5000k 3C [modded])
Mac's Customs 3840L (Neutral XP-Gs@1550ma x 9)

EDIT!!! I just realized I don't have anything with throw in there. Hmmm.....maybe swap the SC30 for an X10....or at least an Incendio V3U LE XM-L with a turbo head.

Glad I don't really have to make this choice. :thumbsdow

Last edited:

shane45_1911

Enlightened
HDS 140 - good all-around light, used primarily indoors. I especially like the low, low 0.07 lm.

SF C2 w/Malkoff M61W - my typical go-to light covers 95% of my lighting needs, especially outdoors.

Fenix TK41 - AA battery format for emergencies (ie, when CR123's might not be readily available), and great for long-distance illumination. (Also like the ~10 day runtime on low.)

These 3 lights combined cover 100% of my requirements.

Last edited:

JacobJones

Enlightened
In order of importance to me:

1. Maglite with 139mm aspherical lense (work in progress). For seeing things at long range, keeping an eye on our property for pikeys.

2. ITP H01. When I need both hands and pretty much everything else I can't do with number 1.

3. Romisen with dual aspherical lenses, 30k+ lux (not finished yet). This ones just for fun.

This selection will cover most things, actually I can't think of anything it wouldn't.

And if for some bizarre reason I need high output I have a 75watt hid spotlight.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to believe (in only a few short months) that I'm posting in a thread like this (I'm definitely a candidate to join a 12 step program, …:help:).

HDS EDC Rotary with Black Bezel

OMG Lumens DEFT-EDC

Sunwayman V10R with Double A extension. Ordering this one next week!

Last edited:

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman V20C (Primary Torch. Excellent general purpose light. Lots of lumens when you want them and low output for when you don't.)

Zebralight H502 (Back-up Torch. Easily carried clipped in the pocket and is a great micro-sized angle head flashlight as well as a great little headlamp. Just a wonderfully versatile little torch. Lots of lumens when you want them and low output when you don't, plus hands-free light when you need both hands and the ability to speak legibly.)

Jetbeam RRT-3 XM-L (Beast Torch. The first two torches cover 99.99% of my conceivable needs. If they cannot do what I need, then I must need "more"...and the RRT-3 XM-L has the need for "more" very solidly covered, IMHO. I only wish it had an OP reflector instead of smooth...I hate smooth reflectors.)

Last edited:

notrefined

Enlightened
Malkoff M31HCRILL valiant little twisty
Malkoff M61HCRI MD2 hi/low
Malkoff hi CRI wildcat MD4

that was easy :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really easy for me. But I will make a try to a decision:

1: Fenix LD01
2: Surefire E2L AA
3: Jetbeam PA40

But another time I am not sure I would give the same answer! That's the difficulty with having such a many flashlights...:tinfoil:

Chidwack

Enlightened
Does it have to be lights that I already own? If so these are my 3.

Olight M20s S2
Quark AA2 Tactical
Now for the tough part. Either my Jetbeam BC40 or Shiningbeam S-mini. Depends on if I want something easy to carry around on me or something that really makes me smile.

Richub

Enlightened
My 3 lights of choice would be:

Fenix TK41 - In case I need a LOT of light.
Fenix LD40 - Nice light for most flashlight tasks.
Fenix E11 - My new favorite EDC light.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spark st6 460nw
C2 with neutral VAN quad
L2P with Ahorton aspheric + XR-E

All on 3100 Panasonics!

In a pinch I'd switch the thrower out with my 18650 iPhone charger/XR-E
USB optic flashlight to cover charging in emergencies as it plugs into any USB and charges itself or can charge my phone.

manoloco

Enlightened
- Peak Logan QTC 17500 (EDC):

This could have been the Surefire L1 or the Nitecore EX10 before i met this light, it bests both in every category, much higher output than any of them, infinite variability, can reach the lowest low, QTC is efficient to run which means in low modes light runs a really long time, zero parasitic drain. Subjective: size, shape and width are better for me to carry and operate, the momentary while stiffer than the previous lights mentioned is to me more reliable than the L1, and has more versatility than the PD on the EX10 (an infinitely variable momentary PD would be great), my favorite light and the most practical and tough.

Also very versatile, takes 17500, 14500 and any AA out there (alkaline, NiMH, lithium etc.) and with an adapter thats coming out can handle 123s and AAA, because the driver can take from 1V to 4.2V

- Peak 3 led AAA with QTC (EDC backup):

Smallest reliable light i have, it was a toss between it and the ARC AAA regarding reliability and portability, but the Peak has the foam ring in the bottom, which makes it more comfortable to replace batteries and holds the QTC pill.

- P60 host with NB XM-l or Manafont XM-L drop in: (personal high output light)

having the ouput close to one regular car headlamp is good

Last edited:

fnsooner

Enlightened
The first two are easy.
4Sevens Preon 2
ZebraLight SC600

The third choice I had to make sacrifices.
Fenix TK70

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 newest lights and my work EDC.

Predator
Zebra Sc51c (still in the damn mail and just been scanned at customs after 2 weeks)
PD20

brandocommando

Enlightened
I would choose these 3.

I choose my Spark ST6-500CW because there is nothing quite as convenient as a headlamp at times. Definitely a must have.
I choose my Fenix TK41 because it is my thrower, and none of my other lights even come close, all in all, a great all around light.
I had do think about the last one a bit. I have a 1X26650 Quad, but I choose the Oveready L3N triple instead because it is just a bit smaller and lighter. I am getting a Ti TRI EDC in the near future. That would without question be my #3 pick, but I don't own one quite yet.

scout24

Flashaholic
SF Ti Titan
Haiku
EO1

These three cover 90+ percent of my needs.

Let me add a headlamp and a thrower, Zebra H501w and my Makai. All bases covered! :)

Last edited:

Lumens Industry

Newly Enlightened
Let's see, with the current run of lights on the market, I really like:

Jetbeam RRT0 XML for EDC
Zebra SC600 for extended periods away from home
Nitecore TM11 just cause it's cool

Money no object probably all surefire products, they really up their game with output and recharging capabilities.

anyways, there ya go.

Lumens Industry

Last edited: