Family lost in corn maze calls 911 for help

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4487575...-corn-maze-calls-help/?GT1=43001#.TpZhAnIlf0Q

• A Massachusetts family got the Halloween scare of a lifetime by getting lost inside a dark and creepy Salem-area corn maze and had to call 911 for rescue.
  • It was daytime when we came in.
  • The family didn't realize they had almost made their way out; they were just 25 feet from the street
This is why you need to have an edc in the daytime. You never know..

Lumenz

Enlightened
That sounds ridiculous but I can see how it could be scary at night if there is no moonlight. It is a good idea to carry a flashlight in the daytime for a number of reasons. One reason is in case you are inside a building away from any windows when the power goes out. I have been in that situation a couple times already. Fortunately, I was prepared both times.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Really?? I mean REALLY??? Stupid hurts. I'll hold my opinions to myself as some here won't like it.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always wanted to get really lost in a corn maze at night with a flashlight.

I figure, that is the point of going in there, to get lost!

Greta

Flashaholic
Does anyone know the guaranteed way to get through a maze every time? Put your right hand on the wall and don't take it off... keep walking with your hand on the wall. You'll find the exit every time... no problem! :grin2:

stphnman20

Newly Enlightened
LoL.. I heard this on the radio and could not believe it. :huh: But then again, it was a Halloween type event, so yea, they got what they deserve!

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awww, c'mon Greta. Logic and common sense can just take the fun out of almost everything.

Quest4fire

Enlightened
QUOTE]Does anyone know the guaranteed way to get through a maze every time? Put your right hand on the wall and don't take it off... keep walking with your hand on the wall. You'll find the exit every time... no problem! :grin2:[/QUOTE]

I dunno, sounds kind of like corn maze "Urban legend" to me. :shrug: Give mythbusters a call Greta, I've got to see this one put to the test! :popcorn: Who knows, you might get a free tee shirt if they use the idea.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know the guaranteed way to get through a maze every time? Put your right hand on the wall and don't take it off... keep walking with your hand on the wall. You'll find the exit every time... no problem! :grin2:

Nice one, never been in a maze before, halloween or otherwise but will definitely keep this in mind.

sassaquin

Enlightened
This family had a 3 week old baby with them, so I can understand the panic. However, pretty dumb to bring a baby that young out to a corn maze. When my son was newborn, I barely took him out of the house and never to public events.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

That guarantees you'll eventually get out, but in the worst case, it might also guarantee that you take the longest possible path.

--flatline

Empath

Flashaholic
That guarantees you'll eventually get out, but in the worst case, it might also guarantee that you take the longest possible path.

--flatline

Actually, the worst case if you don't use the system, is you may never find your way out.

You don't really have to keep your hand against the wall. You need only make exclusively right turns or left turns. With either right or left turns, you find your way out as long as you stay with your original choice.

Poker88

Newly Enlightened
Or in a cornfield walk straight with the rows and you'll make it out

This is what I was thinking too! I've never been in a corn maze though so I didn't know if there was something in the setup that would prevent just walking through the rows to the edge of the field.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

What next? You gonna say the Tooth Fairy/Easter Bunny/Santa and snipe are..........................:whistle:

prof

Enlightened
My relatives have a corn maze at their pumpkin patch. Insurance insists they have a tower to find lost people so...deer stand! They overplant to make cutting between paths difficult but it's still possible.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk