Does the Surefire G2Z Nitrolon Bezel come off?

patriot_man

Newly Enlightened
I'm having a really tough time getting the bezel off of a G2Z Nitrolon I received. The P60's reflector is really jacked up and there is a large amount of sand in the lamp assembly. There does appear to be a gap between the bezel and the body but after twisting with just my hands as well as with the help of tools the bezel is not budging. So can the bezel come off and if it does what the heck can I do to get this crap off? Thanks!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is supposed to unscrew from the body. Maybe some leather gloves would help. If it were my light when I got it apart I would trash the lamp assembly and replace it with a new one. And I'd clean the lens really good with lens cleaner. If the lens was still bad scratched/cracked I'd replace it with a mineral glass lens. I'd probably clean the whole light including the tailcap really good in warm water in the sink just to make sure all the sand is out of it. Then let it sit overnight to dry. Lightly re-lube the head and tail threads and reassemble.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The threads are crossed, the lamp is hung up at both ends or tension from the cells can keep the lamp/bezel in place, so remove the tailcap first. Only one of those doesn't require brute force.

I'd take out everything that wasn't nailed shut (including he lens), soak it in hot water for an hour, and go at it with brute force. The hex on the bezel, for example, can be held with a vice.

patriot_man

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys finally got it off. I used some gloves with the rear off and the batteries out and soon it just popped off. P60 was a total mess and some corrosion on the metal... cleaned off the body, lens, tail cap, bezel. Thanks once again!