Anyone remember this show? (UK)

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, this is kinda a stab in the dark, but figured it's worth asking. Firstly, we're going back a fair way here, by my calcuations, at least 10-15 years.

A science program relating to everyday things, "The mysterious world of the..." ...in this case, lightbulb. There were a number of others too as I remember, the photocopier being one.
Must have been on in the evening, as I (at age 5 or 6) wandered in in the middle of it on my way to the bathroom, after going to bed. Unfortunately, my mother refused to let me stay to watch the rest of it!
The only bit I really saw, was going over the mechanics of gas discharge lamps, including an experiment with diffraction gratings...then I go packed off to bed - with some considerable protest I might add!

I have however, decided that now, I am going to do everything possible, to track this program down, and see it in full! it's gonna take me a while I know, but it must still be on someone's old tapes somewhere!

Pretty sure that the series was run by the BBC, but beyond that, I haven't anything useful. Being a 6 year old at the time, I really can't remember who presented it I'm afraid.

Thought this might be an interesing little challenge for some of you!

Anyone got any ideas?

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice one Adam!

1993, that's about right in terms of timeframe, and the photocopier's there too, as is the fax machine and the telvision, which I also recall seeing snippets of as well, but being (relative to the lighting one) uninterested. Guess I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for those videos then.

Thanks! Didn't think I was going to have any luck with that one!