Four Sevens Neutrals>>Who received them and what do you think of the tint?

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
What do you think of the 47's Neutrals? Which one do you have? What do you think of the tint?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you think of the 47's Neutrals? Which one do you have? What do you think of the tint?

I have one of the old (by now) Q35A Quark Tactical AA^2. The 5A tint is lovely, and many of the people I use it around (who don't know about my LED hobby) ask where I got such a bright incandescent. They aren't 'Flashlight people,' what they're seeing is the lack of warmth/red in the output. I support NW LEDs, but you should learn about the tint bins. I don't know the tint of the present batch of them.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Mine is coming in a day or so. Got an X AA2 Regular. Gifted my old 2AA to a friend and have missed it ever since. This should fill the void. Anyone know if they still have the pre-flash issue?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive owned 2 XP-E neutrals, 3 XP-G neutrals, and a warm white XP-G quark.

i prefer warm tints, so my favorite from those is the warm tint. but the bin 4seven used for its warm white XP-Gs is really pinkish when compared to the 3000k high CRI XP-Gs.
i prefer the neutral XP-E over their neutral XP-G. i sold my 3 neutral XP-Gs soon after i got them cause it looked greenish to me. but to be fair, most neutral XP-Gs in the 4b range looked greenish to me. i also think its just me, cause im used to warm tints.
the neutral XP-E Q3 3A tints i like very much, and is probably my favorite neutral of all cree LEDs. to me, it looks to have more red hue, than green hue.

EDIT: all the ones i had are from the no longer available limited runs.
i had no idea about 4sevens coming out with a new limited run neutral.... interesting!

Last edited:

passive101

Enlightened
Looks like mine will be here tomorrow or Monday :) It's got to my local sorting facility at 1am

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i prefer the neutral XP-E over their neutral XP-G. i sold my 3 neutral XP-Gs soon after i got them cause it looked greenish to me..
I agree. My old mini aa with XP-E Q3 (5A3) is my benchmark when i compare neutral tints. Its really nice.
Hope the new ones will be just as good :)

Last edited:

passive101

Enlightened
Received my Quark X 123x2 Neutral today. What a beautiful colorless light! It is slightly warm which is perfect and exactly what I wanted. I have no hint of green that I can tell.

It is definitely brighter on MAX then my 123A Mini on High and I think that is 180 lumens for it's model if I remember correctly. It's warmer then that one is as it is a regular R5 I think.

The beam is very wide which is exactly what I want in an EDC light. The UI is exactly the same as my first adjustable Quark 123x2 light was. Light pushes of the tail switch quickly and evenly switch modes while turning the head gives MAX. The XM-L LED is massive compared to my older LED lights I've owned.

This Quark X 123x2 is an amazing light and will serve me very well I believe. The engraing and fit and form is spot on as usual with their lights and the engraving on the side is well done. Beam pattern is smooth with a great wide hot spot and a wide spill over.

Last edited:

weez82

Enlightened
Just got the NW Quark X 1232 regular in. First impressions: I like the tint. Only NW I have to compare it to is the NW Xeno E03 XML. The Quark is a little more yellowish but I like it. If I remember I'll post some pics after I get home tonight. Also, no preflash (that I notice) :)