Need a really bright 2 or 3 D or C LED flashlight.

Darrell456

Newly Enlightened
I am a pilot and need a nice flashlight. I already have a smaller AAA flashlight that is pretty bright but want something heavier and IF I had my preference it would be...

2 D
Water Resistant.
Bright as Hell!!!

Thanks for the leads.
Darrell

JacobJones

Enlightened
Two options are the fenix TK50 and TK60.

It is best to use rechargeable NiMH D cells instead of alkalines

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
I'll second the TK50...Bright as hell and a good thrower. Gets dim as well.

Is this for 135 or 121 requirement? I'm a freightdog myself.

Last edited:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're really into the 2D size, check out the TK41. It takes 8 AA's (in a battery carrier) and has a maximum output of 800 lumens (there's also three other modes - 10, 108 and 335 lumens). It throws like a beast and with a pack of eneloops (plus a back up set) and a smart charger you're good to go. It can take lithiums too, if you really need some cold weather reliability.

Alertatively there's the TK60 which is essentially the same light but in 4D format. It has an extension tube which can be removed to make it a 3D and retains the same outputs but with reduced runtimes. One of these and some LSD ni-mh D's and you'd have a very long running, very bright light.

I have both these lights and if I lost one one and only had the other I'd want the TK41. It's just a little more practical because of the shorter length. However, if I were thinking along the lines of personal safety, the TK60 has some obvious advantages.

Latest posts