What do LEOs in your area use?

CallmeSleeves

Newly Enlightened
What do Police Officers in your area use as a duty light. I'm sure many LEOs carry their own lights, and there is probably multiple ones in your area. But what do you see most often?

In my area, I've seen just about all of them using a MagCharger. I guess, a rechargeable works best for them.

mag-charger-system-rx1019.jpg

ragweed

Enlightened
Maglights in Saint Louis County, Missouri when I lived there. They are Department issued & the Officer must take their training coarse to be allowed to carry one.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my town they were all using Streamlight Stingers on their belts and rechargeable incan streamlights in the vehicles. 85% of them have now upgraded to at least one, and in most cases a combination of, Fenix TK11's & 12's, 4Sevens G5, G7, S12, S18 and EagleTac T20s as well as more than a few LF upgrades on their SF weapons lights...
Did I have anything to do with this....HELL YEAH!!
SOme of the neighboring towns have also started taking notice when they roll up on a mutual aid scene and see these lights deloyed.

lightjeep

Newly Enlightened
In my area of central NC, we use mostly Streamlights and Surefires. A few older Maglites by a small percentage of Officers.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
My agnecy issues Streamlight SL20XPs, and a Surefire G2Z on the belt, which doubles for a carbine light. Due to the poor track record of battery replacements in the SLs, are looking to combine lights into one. I've got 4 lights in my bag, plus a pocket EDC and a Maxabeam.

JacobJones

Enlightened
I've never actually seen what the cops use out here but I've read that maglites are standard issue except in wales where they get given LED lenser 3AAA flood to throw lights.
I think the police need to higher some flashaholics to decide what equipment to use

Last edited:

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Stingers, And rechargeable incan Streamlights in car. Barrie Ontario Canada.

A few Officers after seeing my lights, carry a Thrunite Scorpion V1, Armytek v1.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because of my job I have had some contact with police officers in my city, and asked them what flashlight they use.
The Surefire 6Ps are gone and they now use Ledlenser 3AAA lights, provided by the police authority. I tried to sell some better lights, like Fenix TK10, but they didn't want to spend money for better lights. I spoked with several police officers, and none of them were interested in getting a better light than the 3AAA Ledlenser, ~$50 was too much...

yowzer

Enlightened
Lot of Mags, Streamlights and Pelicans, the odd SF G2, and one department seems to have gone to 5.11 Light For Lifes.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I see a lot of stingers and 6Ps sometime both on one belt. Only noticed one strion so far. I assume they have larger lights in their cars but dont see those as often.

I actually saw a mini mag a couple weeks ago and told the guy that once I get to know him better I'm gonna make fun of him. I only hope he had some kind of upgrade in it

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see mostly Streamlight and MagLite being carried by local LEOs... I'm trying to convert them to Surefire w/ LED P60-style drop-ins though!

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
In Richmond VA mostly Stingers. Bro-in-law had me get a AA backup, Dreelight. When it croaked, the engine died but switch was ok I put in a Malkoff M31! Nice little setup with the cells wrapped so they don't rattle.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
LED Lensers ... Issued by the department.

I have sold a few Fenix LD20s to some local LEOs at my pistol club though.

bwcaw

Enlightened
I currently carry a SF M3 with Lumensfactory hola and 17500's on my belt, a SF Lx2 in my back pocket and an Insight XTI Procyon weaponlight. I also have a streamlight Ultrastinger in my patrol bag along with a SF C2 with an M60w in it.

Other guys in my department carry streamlight stingers both LED and Incan. The sheriffs office carries some LED strions, ultra stingers and regular stingers. Troopers and other state cops are issued a SF 6p or 6z and carry those or pelican (yuck) lights. Streamlight definitely dominates in my area.

Ishango

Enlightened
Here in Eindhoven they use the same maglites & magchargers.
I know some cops bought smaller lights to carry on their belts, which they pay for themselves.

In the Utrecht area they use the P3D and possibly it's replacement the PD30. I read an article about 2 years ago about the selection process and saw the light being carried by several cops in this area.

Last edited: