My first PILA G4

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my G4 and tried it out for a few minutes. The led tailcap is cool and very useful inside a vehicle or room/house. I'm not quite used to it as it flashes me a bit when I activate the main beam using momentary. The throw and beam is awesome, but I received two reflectors. One is smooth and the other is orange peel. I ordered an extra lamp and am not sure which is which. The other funny thing is they were both in the box inside a sealed plastic bag. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Does the G4 come with an extra lamp or did they put the extra lamp in the box and seal it all in the plastic bag?

The light is a good size and of high quality. I have a Stinger XT on the way and don't know which one I'll keep, but I sure do like the Pila.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've got too much going on, another light on the way and an offer I couldn't refuse. I need the cash and had to offer up this one in B/S/T.

phyhsuts

Enlightened
tkl - Do the two modules produce the same beam? I assume you tried both out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Pila makes two lamp modules, the B12 and the B9. This later is said to be "wide angle". This may be the orange peel one. Look to see if it says 9V or B9.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
phyhsuts said:
tkl - Do the two modules produce the same beam? I assume you tried both out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Pila makes two lamp modules, the B12 and the B9. This later is said to be "wide angle". This may be the orange peel one. Look to see if it says 9V or B9.

[/ QUOTE ] The smooth reflector is awesome, it throws very far with no noticeable artifacts. On a white wall you can barely see some minor blemishes. The textured reflector puts out a SF like beam but superior.

The lamps just say 12V on them.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa! I never realized the two LA's were different...Silly me...

I like this light ALOT, and it fits in an Uncle Mike's nylon holster that's originally for a Stinger XT...

--dan

WolfEyes

Newly Enlightened
Pila = Wolf Eyes

Have a look at

http://www.wolf-eyes.com/Wolf-Eyes/products.htm

PILA == Wolf-Eyes.

I got a Wolf-Eyes 9TX Raider, which seems to be 100% equivalent to a Pila GL3. I can confirm that the LEDs flash shortly on activation of the main beam / dont worry. I cannot compare my light to SF lights, but it is amazingly bright (even the LEDs are quite bright) and quite small and affordable.

By the way: The lamp you own should be named GL4, whereas the L stands for LED. An GL4R would be a rechargable Lithium lamp with LEDs.. I haven|t seen a G4 {that would mean a tactical button rather than LEDs} on their web site, though.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: Pila = Wolf Eyes

[ QUOTE ]
WolfEyes said:
...PILA == Wolf-Eyes.

I got a Wolf-Eyes 9TX Raider, which seems to be 100% equivalent to a Pila GL3...

[/ QUOTE ]

So Pila and Wolfeyes are the same OEM with different labels/names?

Brightnorm

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Pila = Wolf Eyes

pretty much
PILA has the rights to market outside of China and asia
The batteries are made by Copia