Are lights made by Streamlight unreliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeman150

Newly Enlightened
I ve had 2 streamlights so far the stylus pro and polytac led and i've had reliability issues with both. I was wondering if streamlight is an unreliable brand, compared to fenix or other flashlight makers

Imon

Enlightened
Not in my experience. I think you've been unlucky.

I've owned a Sidewinder, TL2, TLR2, Argo, Septor, Super Tac and other and they've all worked fine.
Although I have complained on many occasions that Streamlight needs to center their LEDs properly and get rid of the ring artifacts on their lights.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a whole gaggle of incandescent Streamlights around here and aside from replacing a battery or bulb have had no problems at all. I have only a couple Streamlight LEDs. No problem there, either. Streamlight has an excellent warranty.

Last edited:

CallmeSleeves

Newly Enlightened
I don't think they're unreliable, I've owned two or three of them with no problems. Personally I find Streamlight to be painfully average, they don't really have anything that stands out. Just my two cents.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
What type Stylus Pro do you have, the original 24 lumen or the newer 48 lumen? I had a 24 lumen that wouldn't turn on intermittently, I contacted customer service and they sent a new tailcap. When that didn't work, they sent me a new flashlight which happened to be the 48 lumen model. Yea! Excellent customer service. I agree with Robin24K, contact customer service and they will take care of you.

Edit: BTW, the new one works perfectly!

Last edited:

Taschenlampe Dude

Newly Enlightened
I've owned Stingers, Strions, a TLR-1 and a Microstream over the years and they've been 100% reliable to date.

gearhead1972

Newly Enlightened
I have a SL-20XP that I have had since 1994 perfect for 17 years till I dropped it on the basement floor a few months ago. Busted the switch, replacement was $12, good as new. Also have a twin task single 123a that spent 5 years rolling around the center console of my truck that has never failed.

AO JAR

Newly Enlightened
I had a streamlight scorpion x. The clicky was too hard to push to turn on/off. After a week of use, my thumb became sore and tender. After a month of use, I had to switch hand to use the light. I got rid of the light immediately after having to switch hands because of the clicky hurting my thumb.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont understand these types of threads, if a company consistenly made unreliable products, it wouldnt be in business. Streamlight has been around ince the early 70's, and is still the top law enforcement light in the U.S.

varmint

Enlightened
I have had my SL20 since 1979 and still using it, I have 2 other Streamlights, perfect performance from both. My Strion I really like although I dont see many of them mentioned here. Their customer service is 100%. No problems at all.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I dont understand these types of threads, if a company consistenly made unreliable products, it wouldnt be in business. Streamlight has been around ince the early 70's, and is still the top law enforcement light in the U.S.

Enough said. Thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.