Looking for Stainless AAA keychain light

tychoseven

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a keychain light that takes AAA batteries and is stainless steel so it'll hold up to all the banging around in my pocket/bag. I was going to get a Preon Revo, but those are discontinued. Same with the Klarus Mi10 in SS. I'd like something with 2 or 3 modes but no strobe or SOS unless they're hidden. A neutral white LED would be a bonus but not necessary.
There's the ITP A3 EOS, but the split ring attachment is tiny and I wouldn't trust it; the Mi10 and Revo had large, solid split ring attachment points. Any leads on something meeting most of these criteria?

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Peak Eiger QTC. Most Peak's can be had in aluminum, brass or SS. I'm not sure if the Eiger is made in brass, though. Since they are an almost-custom maker, there are so many choices/combinations that they can't really represent their product line on a web site very well. Search the CPF Peak forum, or other CPF forums for info.

yowzer

Enlightened
I use an old Fenix LD01 SS. I think they recently put out a new run of XP-G ones that might be still available. I'm probably going the Eiger route if I ever retire mine (XR-E Q5 version).

brandocommando

Enlightened
I recently picked up a LD01ss also. I am very happy with it and they are on sale right now for 30 bucks!

Check out CPFMP for more details. (Good deals section.)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Klarus Mi10 in s/s has been discontinued but now there's Mi X6 also available with a titanium body. I am perfectly happy with my s/s version. It is true that the fourth level of its sequence is a strobe but because it is the last choice it is rather easy to avoid it.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
The N-light B3 neutral XP-G R5 seems to fit your description exactly. Don't own one but a number of CPFers have reported good experiences with them.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I use an old Fenix LD01 SS. I think they recently put out a new run of XP-G ones that might be still available. I'm probably going the Eiger route if I ever retire mine (XR-E Q5 version).
I've carried this light on my keys for about the last three years and wouldn't hesitate in replacing it with a newer LD01 if the need arose.

Norm

HKJ

Flashaholic
You might be able to get a light, even if it is discontinued, not all dealers has sold out.

Here you can see most of the SS lights on the market, I have beamshots and comparisons of them on my website:
DSC_9588.jpg

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got 3 lumintop worm coming in the mail. Havent got them yet so dont know mutch about it. Ss, 2 modes, current regulated, looks nice, BIG attacthment points, cheap so i ordered 3.

yowzer

Enlightened
I've carried this light on my keys for about the last three years and wouldn't hesitate in replacing it with a newer LD01 if the need arose.

Norm

Oh, I agree. I just want to try something different if/when the time comes to replace my LD01.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Maratac aluminum AAA (natural finish) on my key chain and am very happy with it. After a year of use it shows no sign of wear. I use a li-ion 10440 battery which gives you high (1 hr 7 min continuous), low, and turbo (6 min max or it becomes too hot to handle) instead of the normal medium, low, and high with an alkaline AAA.

The Maratac AAA also comes in copper and stainless.

edpmis02

Enlightened
My recent SS LD01 XP-G R5 version is NOT anywhere near neutral. unless you like green.. I have it on my keychain since L01 was all scratched up from my keys. I can live with the tint even though it is a little distracting. I am waiting for a XP-G R4 LD01 with hopefully a non/less green tint for daily use. Just luck of the draw..

nbp

Flashaholic
HKJ, keeper of all lights AAA :hahaha:

A big +1 for the LD01 SS. Excellent little light that has seen A LOT of use from me over the past few years. One of the few foreign lights still lingering in my collection.

tychoseven

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the good leads everybody. I'm looking at getting an LD01, but as you know I'll probably end up with a few more in the future.

Apocalypto

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up a LD01ss also. I am very happy with it and they are on sale right now for 30 bucks!

Check out CPFMP for more details. (Good deals section.)

Argh! This is the exact light I was looking to purchase and I don't have a high enough post count to open an account in the market place. Can someone please let me know where I can find the deal on this light?

thanks!

Norm

Retired Administrator
Argh! This is the exact light I was looking to purchase and I don't have a high enough post count to open an account in the market place. Can someone please let me know where I can find the deal on this light?

thanks!

Your post count here has nothing to do with your account on the Marketplace, the two forums are independent as far as accounts go. Just go to the Market place and register them same as you did here. Discount codes etc. from the Marketplace aren' to be posted on CPF.

Last edited:

Streamer

Enlightened

thanks!

Apocalypto, you need to activate your PM in your Profile so you can receive personal messages..