Ready to order a V10R Ti with the extension, but before I do I wanted to ask

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
... if there are other light's I should consider before dishing out $150.00 plus bucks on this EDC? I considered a HDS Rotary, but I like the double A back up with the V10R. In addition, this light will be attached to my key ring.

As always thanks for your time!

Pops

veedo

Newly Enlightened
Not sure i would want the v10r on my keychain, it is quite heavy.

DimmerD

Enlightened
EDC mine everyday and love it but I don't have the extender. Don't have it on my keychain either and it is still pretty much scratch free other than when I dropped it a few times.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL ... All I have on my key ring is my Jeep Key and two other small keys. I have my skipping mode Mr. i-dang-2 (as well as sometimes he dosen't even skip, because he stays on the same mode...and I thought I was hardheaded, .... LOL) on my key ring. so Mr. i2 is going straight into the junk drawer as soon as his replacement arrives.

Thanks all, just wanted to be sure I didn't miss a light that I may not be aware of. Forgot, I'm would like to stay within 2 bills on this EDC.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang it on your keys and it will prob ruin the jeeps ignition lock. This light is way to massive and it will wear out your lock pretty fast. If you want bright titanium bling on your keychain i suggest a aaa light with a 10440. They are just as bright, but run hot really fast on hi. Check out the univex aaa. Quark preon 1 titanium is cheaper and brighter, but youll loose warranty if you run it with a 10440. Heat issues if you run them to long on hi mode, and less runtime than a cr123. But way better on a keychain.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang it on your keys and it will prob ruin the jeeps ignition lock. This light is way to massive and it will wear out your lock pretty fast. If you want bright titanium bling on your keychain i suggest a aaa light with a 10440. They are just as bright, but run hot really fast on hi. Check out the univex aaa. Quark preon 1 titanium is cheaper and brighter, but youll loose warranty if you run it with a 10440. Heat issues if you run them to long on hi mode, and less runtime than a cr123. But way better on a keychain.

Thanks Jorn, excellent point and heads up! Ok, now I have to rethink how i'll carry it. I ran into this light while doing research on other lights, but what caught my interest in the V10R is the variable dialed outpt wheel. Which is similar to my RRT21, but I'll need/wanted a smaller profile light for it's intended application.

I think I figured how to EDC the V10R with or without it's extensin. I'll purhase a swiss army detachable valet key ring. This should do the trick while diving the Jeep.

Thanks again for the time and allowing me to talk this out with y'all!

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool light but definitely way to big. With extender it would be a monster!

If you want CR123 I'd look at Fenix E15, 4sevens Mini 123 or maybe a Peak Logan.

Thanks AaronG, I'll do some reading/research later this evening! Appreciate the suggestions!

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the RRT-21, you probably know Jetbeam has a RRT-0 which is similar to Sunwayman's V10R. Also, if you don't want to spend $150, buy the non-ti version of the V10R along with the V10R AA extender, by all accounts they fit together just like with the V10R Ti (I've got a V10R anniversary edition and the Ti AA extender, so I'll be able to confirm or deny that in a while). Granted, not as fancy looking, but cheaper.

I'd agree with not putting a light like this on a keychain. If you're looking for a bright keychain light, this is the AAA that I'm waiting for:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...umen-AAA-Flashlight-(photos)-Work-In-Progress

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the RRT-21, you probably know Jetbeam has a RRT-0 which is similar to Sunwayman's V10R. Also, if you don't want to spend $150, buy the non-ti version of the V10R along with the V10R AA extender, by all accounts they fit together just like with the V10R Ti (I've got a V10R anniversary edition and the Ti AA extender, so I'll be able to confirm or deny that in a while). Granted, not as fancy looking, but cheaper.

I'd agree with not putting a light like this on a keychain. If you're looking for a bright keychain light, this is the AAA that I'm waiting for:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...umen-AAA-Flashlight-(photos)-Work-In-Progress

Thanks Mac, yes I did consider the RRT-0 but the V10R or V10A's size is much more practical for my application.

I think you must have been reading my mind regarding the aluminum model, and since the AA extender is for emergencies (which it may not see the light of day) that would be a definite option. In addition, if I went that route, ……. Yup, you guessed it, …. I could buy another light! …. LOL

Btw that MBI Torpedo is something to look forward to! Thanks for the heads up on that one!