Time to Upgrade Tiablo Ace-G Any Suggestions?

Sig32

Newly Enlightened
I have been using a Tiablo for LEO use for a while now and it has been a really good light, no real complaints. I know that technology changes almost daily. For this reason, I wanted to know what new lights are out there that has similar features but has higher outputs or longer run times. What say everyone, suggestions?

On a curious note, I noticed my Tiablo seems to just turn off without warning (no dimming or blinking). I'm sure the batteries have run down as I just replace them and I'm back in business. Is this normal? It has happened at inopportune times and it would be nice to get a warning and know the batteries are running down and need to be changed.

Sig32

Newly Enlightened
No suggestions for newer/better light with similar features? I've been out of the loop since I bought my Ace-G, so I could use some help on this.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are much better lights with way more output and throw at this point. I am assuming you run your ACE-G with two 18650 cells using the extener tube? Look at the Olight M3X. Same format and about the same size but more output and way more throw. Can use two 18650 cells or three cr123 cells. You will also want to take a look at the Catapult V3, EagleTac M3C4 single XML, and the Olight SR51.

You can also get a much smaller light with very slightly more output and more throw than your current light but in a much smaller size. Look at the 4sevens Maelstrom X10, Thrunite Scorpion V2, or Thrunite TN11 if you want to go that direction.

All the lights I listed use the XML emitter (that does not mean every XML light suits you needs). You current light uses the MCE.

Last edited:

Sig32

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the response tre. I do use the AceG with 2 18650's. This is my "large" light and I have a ET T20C2 mkII that I use as a backup light on my belt. In your opinion, which of the larger lights you listed (outside of the ET, needs to go into light holder on belt) would you say gives a good balance of throw and flood? I can't complain about the beam produced by the AceG, but I figured due to its age there must be brighter and longer lasting lights out now.

On the note of the smaller light, I have been reading up on Thrunite's Scorpion v2 with the larger head. Im just trying to figure out the differences between the Scorpion and the TN11. Is there any talk of ET coming out with a larger head for the T20C2?