The Walking Dead: Any other Zombie Fans watching?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taking a break going through my Zombie Apocalypse checklist (Remington 870 Marine Magnum w/ SF918FA, S&W .40 w/ Insight M3, AR-515 with M951, Kabar Machete, Flak Jacket, Rawlings "Big Stick", Propane, MRE's, canned food, plenty of ammo...oh, and my M3LT Combat Light...)

Anybody else looking forward to season 2? What did ya think of season 1? Is this not the best Zombie Flick since...forever??? At least the most realistic/non-cheesey? I Am Legend was all right for a Zombie Flick (minus the CG), but, man, this show is really friggin' awesome!

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found out about it watching TV. The Wife and I watched season 1 on Netflix in like 3 days. :)

Now that I am caught up I have the Tivo set to do its thing.

Being from Georgia makes this show even more fun!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been reading the comics which the series is based on.
Looking forward to the introduction of Michonne, samurai swords and two "pet" zombies

kartracer77

Newly Enlightened
The wife and I both enjoy this series. Its the only Zombie movie or show she likes.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found out about it watching TV. The Wife and I watched season 1 on Netflix in like 3 days. :)

Now that I am caught up I have the Tivo set to do its thing.

Being from Georgia makes this show even more fun!

You recognize any of the landmarks in Atlanta?

Been reading the comics which the series is based on.
Looking forward to the introduction of Michonne, samurai swords and two "pet" zombies

Whoa! What? Huh? This could get really crazy, really good, or really bad, depending on how they present this in the show!

Loved the first episode of season 2 last night.The first 30 minutes had me on the edge of my seat.

Yep! The first 30-45 minutes were pretty tense...I downloaded it in HD on my PS3 the next morning so i could re-watch it uninteruppted.

dang it now i have to go turn on netflix and get caught up!
I work to much lol

It came on Netflix like 2 days after I downloaded the whole first season, at $3 an episode...but, this show is definitely worth checking out in HD!

The wife and I both enjoy this series. Its the only Zombie movie or show she likes.

I like a few Zombie flicks, but this is the best all-round (movie or show) I've ever watched...a pseudo realistic representation of a real ZA...no-uber bad arses, nothing way unrealistic, etc. No two handed guns shooting, crazy Matrix style fight scenes...just good ol' Zombie thumpin'!

Can't wait for next Sunday...

***Spoiler alert***

The after show look at the next episode showed a fleet of Apaches at night...from Fort Benning? Guess Rick wasn't crazy after all when he saw that chopper in the first season.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
rented season-1 from redbox ($1), and watched all of the episode one night a week ago. it was good. unlike i am legend, this one skips the whole how did the zombie thing happen in the first place ... unless i missed it. for me "i am legend" does set the bar ... it is a REALLY good movie.

samwise

Newly Enlightened
I am a HUGE fan of zombie films, thought the walking dead was pretty good. Going to re-watch the first season before I start on second one season though.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liked the first season, though I thought the first half of the season was way better than the second half, where the last few episodes were a yawner... first episode of the 2nd season was very good...

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.K....at least this info doesn't make me feel like I may have an obsession with...the Season 2 Premeire shattered cable T.V. records in 2 of the key demo areas, and 7.3 million people tuned in...Wow! And it had a 4.8 house rating (does that mean 4.8 out 10 houses had it tuned in???). Looks like AMC hit the jackpot on this one. Now were going to be seeing CBS/NBC coming out with crap Zombie Drama flicks, trying to cash in on it...sigh...as long as AMC keeps this show up though, that'll be fine!

Imon

Enlightened
I have mostly enjoyed the series with one notable (major) hangup in the CDC episode "TS-19"

I know the whole series is based in a fantasy world but seriously this episode was packed with lame sci-fi junk. Having worked in a micro lab before you use a autoclave to sterilize things not blow the lab up. Also, if you think you're going to be working with chemicals that give off dangerous gasses you work under a fume hood :shakehead. And that one scene where the (MASSIVE) DNA... looks like it underwent recombination. What's up with that? Never seen DNA recombine so fast in my life. Also the all-pervasive AI computer system controlling the facility? So 2001. Finally, the end of the episode. An entire building set to explode if the power goes out. I was so caught up with my own anger I couldn't enjoy the episode...:mad:

Bleh. That's my rant. Sorry, you guys probably don't care, and yes, I know it's make-belief.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like The Sheild, you will like Sons of Anarchy.

BTW, haven't missed a show of TWD.
Didn't appreciate the Hyundai Product placement in last weeks episode. Car on the highway, cut to a commercial and it's a Hyundai commercial. Pretty obvious placement

Imon

Enlightened
I also like how Rick Grimes blew the window out with a fake grenade...the blue handle gives it away...

Hah. Yeah, and I remember in the first episode when Rick tells the gung-ho rookie cop to check to make sure his chamber is loaded (what kind of dumb-@$% cop wouldn't have a round in the chamber?) and his safety is off (A Glock no less :shakehead)
The rookie cop obliges and flips the "safety" off on his Glock.

Latest posts