Gold plated klarus mi x6

hazna

Enlightened
Anyone else notice the ads for the gold plated klarus mi x6?

Besides the bling factor are there any other benefits to having it gold plated? How well would the plating compare to HAIII?

On their website it says:
stainless steel body laminated in a vacuum environment, resulting in multiple layers of gold plate assuring a superior tough wear and scratch resistance exterior.

I've always thought gold was a fair soft material, and wouldn't offer very good wear resistance

Jekyll & Hyde

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else notice the ads for the gold plated klarus mi x6?

Besides the bling factor are there any other benefits to having it gold plated? How well would the plating compare to HAIII?

On their website it says:
stainless steel body laminated in a vacuum environment, resulting in multiple layers of gold plate assuring a superior tough wear and scratch resistance exterior.

I've always thought gold was a fair soft material, and wouldn't offer very good wear resistance

J: Yeah, saw it this weekend :huh:. My Ti version is back-ordered, so maybe I'll have to get one of these instead.

H: It should conduct heat really well, eh? Scratch-resistance will depend on the alloy used though.

J&H

AusKipper

Enlightened
If I purchased such a light it would certainly be a shelf queen. No way i would want something like that getting scratched up on my keys.

Anyone got a price for it? i had a quick look but couldn't find a cost anywhere.

Im going to take a stab at at least $200+

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
Gold is indeed quite soft. While it is wonderfully resistant to any type of surface problems (rust, oxidization, corrosion, etc.) it is not very abrasion/scratch resistant.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one for my wife, I am sure she will like it and use it around home in the evenings. Gold has a certain appeal for women .... :grin2:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much was it?

Around £50 including 20% VAT

This is it BTW:

25phc85.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Why gold plated? So you can be like this guy:

Finally got one before StarHalo. :eek:oo:

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Is taclight.co.uk the only European store, or are there others?
I still don't see the Klarus Midas (golden Mi X6) on there website.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just been told by TacLight that this model is a few days late, expected Wednesday or Thursday. I have bought my six Klarus lights from them and had an excellent service. I understand however that there are other dealers, just Google 'Klarus MI X6'

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Yes there are others, but they don't offer the golden model.
I'll wait and see if there changes anything wed-thu on taclight

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I purchased such a light it would certainly be a shelf queen. No way i would want something like that getting scratched up on my keys.

Anyone got a price for it? i had a quick look but couldn't find a cost anywhere.

Im going to take a stab at at least $200+

It's cheeeeeeeeaaappp.... only about 70 bucks a pop. Good while supplies last though. :)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although their website has not yet been updated TacLight have now in stock both Mi X6 Au and Ti. My two lights (one and one) are already being shipped. :grin2:

I believe that the stock of these two types is rather limited so I suggest that those who are really interested don't lose much time ... ;)