Is anyone else having Nitecore EX11.2 problems?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got at least 7 or 8 Nitecore lights as I've found them to be very nice quality. However I recently got an EX11.2 and it only lasted seconds before completely dying. I of course tried a bunch of different batteries and some basic cleaning but it was dead. I had to send it back to the dealer at my expense and was sent a replacement. The replacement was also defective right out of the box although this one had a different problem. This one flickers badly jumping all over in brightness levels and no it's not the strobe or SOS. I'm not a newbie here. ;) I tried cleaning this one too. I tried 4 different batteries that all work fine and check out with proper voltage on a Fluke voltmeter. All those batteries work fine in other lights. I tried tapping the light gently on my finger but it has no effect. That leads me to think it is a defective electronic part rather than any contact problem.

So I'm wondering with the rather unlikely 2 bad ones in a row if there has been a rash of bad EX11's or did I just get someone else's reject or am I just having very bad luck? Also if there is some fix for this I have overlooked I'm all ears. Tired of this EX11 deal gone bad :sick2:

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it from one of the good dealers here and it looks like at this time they are going to take care of things first class. They said they will send out another replacement that has been tested and will send a mailing label to cover the cost of the 2nd return. When it's a done deal and all is good I'll post the name if allowed otherwise I'd save it for the Marketplace cheers/jeers area. My reason for posting here was to find out if there had been a lot of bad EX11.2's but after 96 views on this thread it seems it's not a common problem and I probably just had the luck of getting all of them ;)

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
I got it from one of the good dealers here and it looks like at this time they are going to take care of things first class. They said they will send out another replacement that has been tested and will send a mailing label to cover the cost of the 2nd return. When it's a done deal and all is good I'll post the name if allowed otherwise I'd save it for the Marketplace cheers/jeers area. My reason for posting here was to find out if there had been a lot of bad EX11.2's but after 96 views on this thread it seems it's not a common problem and I probably just had the luck of getting all of them ;)

Oh no. Just do a search on the EX11.2 there are a plethora of issues mainly stemming from the brass ring and spring in the head. Also search for EX11.2.2 thread I started. Parasitic drain plagued this light as well. It's the coolest little light when it works right. I still have mine (after 2 failed then testing 3 more to find one that worked correctly in-store). Everything about the light I love....except for the most important thing imo. Reliablility. A shame really