Your neighbors love you, don't they?

CallmeSleeves

Newly Enlightened
A CPF member(I apologize I don't know who) said this:

Flashlight collector by day.
Flashlight user by night.

Couldn't be any more true. We all go out and play with our new toys at nightfall, whether it's in the backyard or at the park. We go out and test out our lights. Do you have any funny stories relating to neighbors, unsuspecting pedestrians being blinded for no apparent reason. I'm new to the hobby, so I don't have any, other than the occasion blinding of a neighborhood kid. (They probably deserved it)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to be pretty stealthy when I head out for testing at night, but I remember the night I came back on my bicycle with a TK15 and a Malkoff MC-E neutral (400 lumens) on my handlebars... only came across 2 people but they looked like they thought I was on an electric scooter or something. Next step is to tape my TK70 to the frame... they definitely should run for it!

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always use two lights during the morning dog walk [5 am]. On more than 1 occasion I've had vehicles slow down as they approached acting as if they thought there was a car facing into oncoming traffic. One driver rolled down his window and yelled, "thought you were some damned drunk driver!"

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what they say?
"one in 3 of neighbours are really annoying?"
If you get along with both of yours, guess who the annoying one is?

Yeah, I've ticked them off once or twice by accident. Usually I just scare the kids in the park at the end of the street.

cummins4x4

Enlightened
I live in rural Alberta, two neighbours within 1/2 mile. I always take a light when taking the dogs out after dark. I had my SR51 and was beaming it around the property when one neighbour was driving by. He stopped and commented " I can't believe thats a flashlight, wtf do you need something like that for?" My response, cause I like it and it scares away all the predators.

ArgenteumTelum

Newly Enlightened
I'm nearly in the same situation as cummins with only 1 neighbor 3/4 mile away. A small hill separates us enough that no lights can be seen. Chainsaws sound very much in the distance. The only things annoyed by my lights are the variety of critters who stop in their tracks with that "red eye" glazed look.
AT

Latest posts