Smallest AAA with tailcap clickie

Pretty much as per title. Would like aluminum because it is lighter and at least two modes - high and low (very low - just a few lm) and with memory.

Thanks for suggestions.

mbw_151

Enlightened
As close as I can come is the discontinued Leatherman Serac S2. Two mode 35 and 5 lumens, clicky, but no memory, always low first. You can still find these advertised on line.

HKJ

Flashaholic
DSC_9317.jpg

Slasher42

Newly Enlightened
HKJ ... Link to the review that pic is from.... or label the lights left to right?

tylernt

Enlightened
Ah, my favorite type of EDC, the AAA clickie.

The LumaPower Avenger GX fits the bill but is quite long. I actually like the length because that way my hand doesn't obscure the beam when using my thumb to operate the switch.

The Preon 2 has a clickie that can be swapped into a normally twisty Preon 1. I didn't get the Preon because it's reportedly a floody light and I wanted the additional throw of the GX.

Those are the only ones I know of that fit your criteria. If you're into modding, there's the single-mode "TANK007 TK-701 SSC 42180-U 90-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AAA)" which you might be able to replace the stock driver with the multimode "AK-007 0.8~1.5V 3-Mode Circuit Board for Flashlights (11.9mm)". See also http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?222554-Help-Needed-AAA-w-Clickie

HKJ

Flashaholic
HKJ ... Link to the review that pic is from.... or label the lights left to right?

That's just a random lineup of my lights with tail switch, most of not all are included in some comparisons on my website (Where you can see how it compares to other AAA lights).
Most of the lights has a visible name, the small stainless steel one is a N-light B3, it is included in this comparisons.

Streamer

Enlightened
The clickies are not out yet, but the EagleTac D25 line of new torches are. The first of them are twistys....clickies to come.

EDIT: whoops, sorry...no aaa in above line up.

Last edited:

gearhead1972

Newly Enlightened
I took an iTP A3 3 mode and paired it with a Streamlight microstream tail cap. Great combo, very small, and 80 lm on high (new ones are 96 lm)

NickBose

Enlightened
Smaller (ie. thinner) is this: http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1287

It's only one mode, but available in neutral and a nice little light as well.

I have the CQG S1, it IS the thinnest of all the AAA but the tint is quite ugly (comparing to my Zebra S51w) - it's more of a yellowish/jaundice kind of light rather than warm/neutral.

But I admit I like its shape. I have Preon and ITP and I don't like the way the head enlarges on those light. The perfect cylindrical shape of the S1 is just ... perfect. I wish it has a clip and made of aluminium for lighter weight (though you can't say it's heavy by any stretch of imagination, but with lights this size any gram lighter is good)

yufasa

Newly Enlightened
I was just doing some research on a clickie AAA and here is a thread with some suggestions already...what was the odds :duh2:

gearhead1972

Newly Enlightened
How did you manage that? Mine only has removable head?
Well it is the tailcap and body of the Streamlight attached to the iTP head, love having a very small light with a forward clicky that comes on on low first.

edit: haha nice town you live in lol

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new 1xAAA clickie myself. I really liked the Microstream clickie, which of the above 1xAAA lights might be forward (not reverse-) clickies? I'm tempted to put together a Microstream - Fenix/etc combo, but don't really want to buy two lights just to get what I'm looking for ... ?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I've tried as many of these types of lights as I could, and I prefer the N-light B3 for 2 main reasons: Comes in neutral tint, and has a pocket clip. oh and the price is right, what more could you want?

tolkaze

Enlightened
Well it is the tailcap and body of the Streamlight attached to the iTP head, love having a very small light with a forward clicky that comes on on low first.

edit: haha nice town you live in lol

I've done this too, and it also works with ITP A3 and the Quark preon gear... very nice to have a preon body and tailcap, ITP head and a 10440 running on high...

tylernt

Enlightened
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new 1xAAA clickie myself. I really liked the Microstream clickie, which of the above 1xAAA lights might be forward (not reverse-) clickies? I'm tempted to put together a Microstream - Fenix/etc combo, but don't really want to buy two lights just to get what I'm looking for ... ?
Lumapower Avenger GX is forward clickie.

Lucem Ferre

Newly Enlightened
I took an iTP A3 3 mode and paired it with a Streamlight microstream tail cap. Great combo, very small, and 80 lm on high (new ones are 96 lm)

If you grind down the threads a bit so the head sits flush (instead of having the gap) the overall length of this combo comes in at 3"-76mm.

That is about 1/2"-13mm shorter than the stock version and just a smidge under the TK-701; both of which are shown in HKJ's photo.

The N-Light still has it beat by 3mm or so.

Last edited:

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Lumapower is coming out with a new AAA flashlight with a clicky, check out them in the marketplace.