Best 2xaa thrower

walkngdude

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'd like a new flashlight for the backyard (I have a big forested back yard). I'd like a small light that works well on 2 AA enaloops, will light up the other side of the ravine real nice and has a nice low level setting for around the house. Run time is really no big deal.
I was looking at the Fenix LD20 R5 http://www.fenixtactical.com/fenix-ld20.html at 180 lumins or how about a Fenix LD40? I don't think it is much bigger in your hand and it's like 250 lumins.

Thanks
Marc

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking at the LD40, it throws much farther than any 2AA light. It is night and day difference. I don't know what your budget is or exactly what you are looking for (your suject line says 2A thrower but you mention a 4AA LD40). If you are looking at a 4AA thrower and are willing to spend $120, look at the Sunwayman M40A T6 XML. It throws WAY farther than the LD40 and has 600 lumens output on 4AA Eneloops. It is also smaller than the LD40. My M40A makes my LD40 look like a child's toy.

walkngdude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys,
I ordered 2 Eagletac P20A2 lights from Ace Photo Digital, it wold be nice to get something so it would do a tail stand. And that Sunwayman M40A sounds real sweet! I'll have to save that for later.

Have good days guys
Marc

:)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark 2AA Turbo throws a nice hotspot for a smallish light. If you're going to go to a 4AA light, why not just bite the bullet and pull the trigger on a TK41. It's a knockout thrower and runs on AAs.

It will make any 2AA light look like a match in comparison. And it will make you grin very much.

OGreviews

Newly Enlightened
Quark 2AA Turbo throws a nice hotspot for a smallish light. If you're going to go to a 4AA light, why not just bite the bullet and pull the trigger on a TK41. It's a knockout thrower and runs on AAs.

It will make any 2AA light look like a match in comparison. And it will make you grin very much.

The TK41 uses 8xAA batteries. Just keep in mind that it's a much larger and heavier light than the LD20. The LD40 also has a plastic structure which makes it even lighter than it should be for its size.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK41 uses 8xAA batteries. Just keep in mind that it's a much larger and heavier light than the LD20. The LD40 also has a plastic structure which makes it even lighter than it should be for its size.

TK41 is less than 1/2 kilo with eneloops, even lighter with lithiums. When you compare the output and throw it offers, the weight is of little importance in my mind. If you want to light something up you might as well pack as much punch as possible.

twicksisted

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if its the best per say but I have an old LED Lenser P7 that outputs 200 lumens, easily focusable beam from flood to spot... amazing battery life on AA batterys (havent changed the originals yet!) and super compact size... also comes with a really high quality holster that can be clipped onto a belt.