Barska FLX-1200?

Panoptic

Newly Enlightened
Did a quick search and didn't find anything about this light, so I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about it. It's going for $100 on Newegg right now (Link). Seems like a good price assuming it has an SST-90? Comes with a charger and batteries as well. Anyone heard of this light or the company?

ethanol

Newly Enlightened
Did a quick search and didn't find anything about this light, so I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about it. It's going for $100 on Newegg right now (Link). Seems like a good price assuming it has an SST-90? Comes with a charger and batteries as well. Anyone heard of this light or the company?

This California company is mostly known for rifle scopes and other optical products. Scopes are OK, don't know about the flashlights.

PerttiK

Enlightened
Looks like a generic *any*fire light from dealextreme, price might be good but there might be just $34 worth of quality.
I would guess reverse clicky and not so excellent regulation.

See SKU 57380 for example.

Last edited:

brandocommando

Enlightened
Barska is known more for their optics, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, ect. I bought a monster pair of their bino's once because they were on super sale ($50~$60.) They were absolute garbage, so bad that you couldn't even look through them hardly. Now, I do have a few $600~$700 pairs of bino's that I compare them to so that isn't fair really, but take it for what it's worth... They were BAD!

Some on here have had some pretty good luck with some of the budget lights. For only $100 it may be worth a shot, or do some more searching (try budget light forum maybe.)

I really doubt that Barska actually makes that flashlight.

fox1x

Newly Enlightened
I also saw that on newegg.com.. I notice in the pics it doesn't have any ANSI Lumen rating. It just simply has a big "1200 lumen" advertisement. I have my doughts that this light really is 1200 Lumens.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
fox1x, that appears to be a single cell, single LED light, hence the 210 lumen output claim. The light linked to by the original poster looks like a multi-cell, multi-emitter light.

fox1x

Newly Enlightened
fox1x, that appears to be a single cell, single LED light, hence the 210 lumen output claim. The light linked to by the original poster looks like a multi-cell, multi-emitter light.

I see that now. Curious as to why it is also a FLX model number though.

Imon

Enlightened
Isn't Barska the company that makes those cheap ~$30 scopes that they throw on top of those Mossberg 100ATR rifles?

Anyways I doubt Barska actually makes this flashlight. Like someone else already said, it looks like a generic DX-type light that Barska just attached their name to.

bikealotsw

Newly Enlightened
I have this flashlight and have been using it for police work for over a year. It is very bright and out-shines all of the flashlights of the people I work with. I got another set of batteries for it so I always have a charged set in my patrol bag. I have been very impressed with this light. I have dropped it many times on the road with no problems. For police work, it is great. Its a good size to fit under your arm and free up your hands and also large enough to be used as a weapon in a pinch. I don't know if it is 1200 Lumens, but the 5 emitters put out a lot of light. Since I got it, I have never been in a situation where I wish I had a brighter light. In short, my opinion is that it is worth the price. Hope this helps for anyone looking for some info on this light.