Entering the custom world.... Need ur advice

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
So ive looked and researched and 'narrowed' it down to a ti mac tri edc or one of the 3 mcgizmo- hikaiu xml sundrop or mule xml...
Im gonna be a good boy and sell off some of my lights to fund my purchase. I am looking for an edc.
I currently carry my v10r ti with kuku switch ( and 18650 tube on the way) daily or my hds 120e when i may need die hard reliability. Ive edc'd an ex10, a 4-7 ti mini cr123, a rrt-0, a 4-7 2x123 tactical, a shiningbeam s-mini, a jetbeam pro-st, a maratac aaa, a liteflux 3fxt, a maglite xl50 to name a bunch of recents....

I need ti and want trits if possible....
Anyone have all the mcgizmo and mac with a pic next to each other? I like the size of my v10r and hds so id like around the same size. Like 3 mode atleast. Neutral type tint a preference but not necessity. I like 16340 cells. I really think the sundrop or hikaiu is sexy so im leaning in that direction. I also looked at a gavina but think they are harder to come across... Oh and i must have a clip.

Help steer me in a direction....... :/)

nbp

Flashaholic
I have no experience with Mac's lights, but I do with McGizmo.

First, the SunDrop and Mule are pretty specialized lights, with very specific beam patterns. They are amazing for some tasks, and maybe not for others. The Haiku is a great all-around EDC, and will have a beam pattern most similar to your HDS or other EDC lights. I EDC a Haiku/Mule combo and it suits me very well. Definitely check out beamshots available on these forums to help you see the differences between those three. Also, check out the different emitters Don offers to find what's best for you. The Haiku is almost exactly the same dimensions as the HDS, sports a 3 speed driver, runs rechargeables happily, and all Don's lights come with his rock-solid killer clip.

Based on your post, I'd say that of Don's lights, the Haiku would be the best fit. You can choose then either the cool XM-L, the cool XP-G, or Nichia 119 HI CRI emitter. And maybe the XR-E if he still has some around for max throw.

Someone else can maybe give more info on Mac's EDC. If you have more questions on the McGs, feel free to post here, or visit us in the McGizmo forum. For basically all my thoughts on the Haiku, read my review in my sigline.