Angle head made in USA ?

T2Kuser

Newly Enlightened
My apologies for not being on in some time. Got a notice that today was/is my Birthday (Whoopee, survived another year) from the admin here. Realized I hadn't been around for quite some time.

OK, I have a angle head by Sunwayman (uses 123 batt), desire something similar but would prefer Made in USA. Mostly used for riding bicycle at night while going to work and also when power goes off in building. Something easy to clip or stuff in pocket.

Ideas ?

Thanks

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer makes one for military purchases. I believe it is called "Romeo". But be careful the one available to the main public is made in china. The Military one (available to civilians as well) is made in the USA.

Peak also makes 90 degree angle adapters for many of their lights.

There is also the tomahawk by first light

DrZoid

Banned
What is it about your current one that you want to improve upon?

Would you be happy with it if it was the same light just made in the USA?

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
allow me to be the first (in this thread at least) to wish you a happy birthday. All the best and may this year be a healthy one.

T2Kuser

Newly Enlightened
What is it about your current one that you want to improve upon?

Would you be happy with it if it was the same light just made in the USA?

I have a Sunway man that uses one, 123 battery. Small, neat fits in hand or pocket and is much better than my surefire when riding bike & hand held. I could also velcro strap it if I so desired.

Yessir, my main problem is that it isn't made in USA ... thats it. Trying to keep the economy local. One step at a time.

gsr

Enlightened
T2Kuser, I think you'll really like the Tomahawk. I have one, as well as a Liberator, and they have been great lights. I try to make it a point to buy US made products whenever I can, too.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
If you have the Sunwaymen L10R, bear in mind you're actually downgrading the emitter you are using. The L10R has 190 lumens of output for 2 hours on 1 x CR123A, whereas the Tomahawk has 120 lumens of output for 2 hours using 2 x CR123A's. I have the Tomahawk, and I really like the light. I do not have the Sunwayman. If you're comparing it to the Tomahawk as far as output goes, you may be dissapointed. I am curious to see how you find the two compared.

T2Kuser

Newly Enlightened
Thanks FPSRelic ... saved me from wasting money. I don't want to downgrade at TWICE the cost of the L10R so I might as keep it. Think I'll send a note to Gene & ask him if he could make one & what would the cost be ? At least I know the quality of malkoff !!! All my Surefires have his units in them but I sure would like a single 123 cell angle head MAde in USA that has the same output as the L10.